Add stainless steel tip to aluminum bucket modification ( cost, best way)?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If cost effective, I would like to have a stainless steel tip put on the standup lightweight 6061 Aluminum Sand Scoop's six inch wide bucket so that it can cut more easily into wet sand and to protect the tip, I would like to know the best way of having the stainless tip put on, I assume welding, and approximately what it should cost to modify this scoop.
If this is not cost effective , I would like to know which standup scoops with stainless steel tipped buckets would be better for retrieval on (dry sand, wet sand and in the water). I am least satisfied with using my current stand scoop on dry sand, as I would prefer to be able to pull the sand toward me when retrieving rather than having to push it away to retrieve an object.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put one on my beach brute II over 2 years ago using pop rivits, still on and haven't lost a single rivit yet.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
TH, you have the link to that post, it was very good. Pictures and all............and she is still holding up..:icon_thumleft:

SGC
To Get what you want from a scoop your going to need more then one, always good to a have a backup in this hobby.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you contact RTG they may have one since they put them on their scoops. Like was said..... just drill and pop rivet. Its a never ending NEED for us guys my wife says lol.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions