Silver Cookie Coin Find Yields My First One Of These !!

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was hunting the shallow water, prior to Sandy hitting and came up with this dark grey cookie coin find..I knew it was most likely silver, so I didn't crack it until posting a pic of it for my buddy to take a guess at it...It was pretty thick and around the size of a quarter, so I thought it could be just about anything and hoping for something more than a Washington Q....

CrustyCoin.jpg

So we both hoped for some old silver and finally I opened up the layers to find out what was hidden underneath.... ????
Well it turned out to be waferized Standing Liberty Quarter...Possibly 1926, but not sure as of yet, maybe more details after some better cleaning..
Doesn't matter, cause the excitement of cracking it open is all the fun...
It is my first one since getting back into the hobby last year and possibly the last one I found may have been in the late 70's or early 80's... 8-)
It's another one of those coins that I never found many of in all my years..

CookieStandingLibertyObverse.jpg

CookieStandingLibertyReverse.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Nice find! How do you best go about cracking those open? :tongue3:

Some guys just whack them on their edge or wrap them and knock them...

I try and just peel the layers with my fingernail and then at some point I'll usually just throw them in the tumbler...

In the condition they come out, they will never be worth a fortune, so it's hard to hurt the value..

I personally just like them to be eye appealing...This particular coin I may just scrub a little with a toothbrush and baking soda and leave it as be..
It has that funky look that I will always remember exactly when and where I found it :)

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
An SLQ is a fantastic find, congrats. Fairly certain I have not been MDing as long as you folks but there are no spots up here where any silver coin is a common find. I get excited for those who find anything, sometimes I think I am more excited than they are. Glad to see you pulling silver and I hope you find more.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning to all parties, we dont care what happen on other forums, but we do care what happens on TreasureNet forums, you will keep it off our forums or neither will be able to post here.....Hope that is clear.... I suggest you put each other on ignore before a moderator takes stronger steps....:BangHead:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Warning to all parties, we dont care what happen on other forums, but we do care what happens on TreasureNet forums, you will keep it off our forums or neither will be able to post here.....Hope that is clear.... I suggest you put each other on ignore before a moderator takes stronger steps....:BangHead:

I have asked Jeff and I will ask of you for the same request..Please ask NF to stay out of my finds threads with his continuous condescending remarks..I will most definitely stay out of his finds threads and I will stay out of any threads he starts..
In time you guys will see from my posts , who is the hunter and who is the talker ;)

I have him on ignore and I hope he follows your request to do the same :)

Peace...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BP, instead of putting me on ignore why don't you just go back to posting on Friendly?

Oh, that's right you are pissed off at them for banning you after they tired of you constantly attacking people.

I'm sure Craig will forgive you. Go back, please!

And as far as trolling goes, OK, New Sultan On the Beach, you are pure as a driven snow!

Still no answer on why you blew off Dave?

#1 Please Don't Advertise other forums here & Don't tell members to leave.

#2 this is a Finds post, not a place to start things. Neither is treasureNet

Since you can't be courteous, please ignore B_P's threads & Posts.

Thank You !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warnings have already been issued to all.....if someone finds they can't' log in after posting another insult or attack you will know why.....

This feud ends on TreasureNet, either by you guys or by TN moderators, your choice...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I love those standing Liberties!

Great find!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread