The Beach Hunters Book of, "Why?"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beach Hunter's Book of, "Why?"

Ever been on the beach entrenched in that private headphone world and asked yourself a, "Why?" Like, why do we often call gold, yellow? Where did this come from? Personally, I have never seen a yellow piece of gold. Heck, I've never seen a piece of white gold, for that matter. Speaking of white, at what point in the color spectrum does white become a gray? And speaking of gray, is gray matter always, well, gray? Point is, I think there is an angle here that we can take advantage of, in a word, "education." I mean these are not questions one would normally entertain, but slip on those headphones and wear them for endless hours without so much as a "beep" and the mind will begin to explore the many uncertainties and unknowns of this world, even the really deep and philosophical questions like, "Why am I here?" So, the next time a member of the general public sees a guy metal detecting on the beach wearing a pair of headphones perhaps they should pause and step back a bit before they say to themselves, "Man, that guy looks stupid." :laughing7:

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So, the next time a member of the general public sees a guy metal detecting on the beach wearing a pair of headphones perhaps they should pause and step back a bit before they say to themselves, "Man, that guy looks stupid."
laughing7.gif

Funny, I alway though they were saying..."Man, I sure would like to have one of those with the price of Gold"

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its called boredome and a lack of desired targets! if only we could be so busy digging gold that we wouldn't be able to let our minds wander! as for looking stupid, I have a surprising number of cuties hitting on me while hunting.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Better yet, ponder this...Why do you never see/hear of female Leprchauns.
..Is the reason people no longer see Leprechauns because the female race died out.
What about Trolls, unicorns, etc.? Whats next? Fuel for those lonely beach walks. :-)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its called boredome and a lack of desired targets! if only we could be so busy digging gold that we wouldn't be able to let our minds wander! as for looking stupid, I have a surprising number of cuties hitting on me while hunting.

But you're a fit & trim babe magnet, a Brad Pitt look alike with a million dollar smile and dreamy eyes. I've heard rumors you can even crush ice cubes between your steel-like butt checks. Up here I often overhear groups of hot babes talking about, "CocoChuck". :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Female Leprechauns?"....never really thought about that before but you bring up an excellent point to ponder. Some time back both Lorraine and I found evidence of lost Troll civilizations along the east coast. :thumbsup:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you're a fit & trim babe magnet, a Brad Pitt look alike with a million dollar smile and dreamy eyes. I've heard rumors you can even crush ice cubes between your steel-like butt checks. Up here I often overhear groups of hot babes talking about, "CocoChuck". :laughing7:
brad pitt's a sissy metrosexual type!:laughing9: butt cheeks are 49 years old, and lets not bring that up again!!:BangHead: the chicks are just trying to snag one of the many gold and diamond rings I find!:tongue3: also, they are usually drunk! :laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hair loss. Now there's something I've never pondered about while wearing the headphones in the land of nothing. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Why am I still in discrimination mode when I've not hit a target in an hour of hunting?" :icon_scratch: I mean, at that point I'm digging the first null I get anyway just so I'll have something to do. Yet, there are those days when I look at the nob and it's still in discrimination mode, as if I'm suddenly going to encounter a huge scrap yard full of trash and goodies. :laughing7: Where was my head the last hour? What was I thinking about that was so all-consuming? Sure, I'd love to see Hallie Berry slowly approaching me on the beach in just a couple of pieces of tiny thread, but that's even less likely then the sudden scrap yard full of goodies. So why I am still in discrimination mode? And why I have completely forgotten where I parked my vehicle? :dontknow: Man, I hope that other icy drink in her hand is for me. :laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in all metal most of the time - when i get more trash than good - then I might switch - but i hit farther out than most - and theres usually not as much trash
I know many that crack it up where ever they go - I pick up all my trash at my spots - so you dont need it behind me

mikeothmer

May 3, 2009
That's the Treasure! The hunt has cleared your head of all the troubles of the real world and left you wondering in what is in front of you. All the rest is Cake !

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"Why am I still in discrimination mode when I've not hit a target in an hour of hunting?" :icon_scratch: I mean, at that point I'm digging the first null I get anyway just so I'll have something to do. Yet, there are those days when I look at the nob and it's still in discrimination mode, as if I'm suddenly going to encounter a huge scrap yard full of trash and goodies. :laughing7: Where was my head the last hour? What was I thinking about that was so all-consuming? Sure, I'd love to see Hallie Berry slowly approaching me on the beach in just a couple of pieces of tiny thread, but that's even less likely then the sudden scrap yard full of goodies. So why I am still in discrimination mode? And why I have completely forgotten where I parked my vehicle? :dontknow: Man, I hope that other icy drink in her hand is for me. :laughing7:

Pull tabs= nickels and gold, and I am sure you know that! Bidgette Bardot 2012-01-27 11.05.21.jpg would tend to distract me. HH Boris

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disc/PP...I don't worry that I'm missing much in either mode, unless my head is in nana land. :laughing7: Personally, I have yet to find a gold target in Disc or PP that I couldn't have found in the other mode, which by the way, includes several fine gold chains, with most of those having come while hunting in disc mode. Both modes have their advantages and disadvantages and I seldom hunt the same way in both modes. Trashy areas isn't the only time when I feel disc can provide me a decided advantage. They way I see it, and what works best for me, both modes are situational tools that are totally dependent on the environments we're hunting in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread