Help i have a great cut

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the biggest cut at the beach I have ever seen. And I don't know the best way to hunt it. It's not at a well known beach in nc so finds are few and far between. How do I hunt it to maximize finds? Going he Monday

Upvote 0

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd hunt it with your coil low and slow as high to the cut as u can, then do a second pass under the first and so on towards the water or from water to the cut traveling the length of the cut during low tide. I've found items to be either still in the cut or in the area of 6-20 ft down towards the waters edge. I strongly recommend gridding the hell out of it then after you've removed "all" targets go back over it low and slow and you will usually here the quiter signals down deeper.
Relax, zone out, and dig! I very rarely find good items unless I'm calm and in a zoned out state of mind. Weird I know but if you are all edgey and desperate you make mistakes.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will try that had to go back to the house and eat lunch with my wife I'm going back out in a few minutes. Thanks for the advice. I'm 3 dimes and six penny's in now with the at pro

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah don't wait the beach changes quickly! Good today, terrible tomorrow type thing.
Hunt the firm sand for best results.
Good luck!

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
How's the AT doing at the beach? I'm going down to N myrtle at the end of the month for a weekend to try mine out. I've heard mixed reviews with the PRO but a lot of the reviews may be skewed by users who didn't know how to tune with GB and sensitivity.

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted n myrtle with the at and I love it. Just ground auto ground balance if you go from wet to dry. But you will hear targets either way

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's the AT doing at the beach? I'm going down to N myrtle at the end of the month for a weekend to try mine out. I've heard mixed reviews with the PRO but a lot of the reviews may be skewed by users who didn't know how to tune with GB and sensitivity.

have hunted n myrtle with the at and I love it. Just ground auto ground balance if you go from wet to dry. But you will hear targets either way

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to be found in my cut but had a great time.

Attachments

• image-418939364.jpg
    image-418939364.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 80

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread