SHARK WARNING

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be worth mentioning that it is that time of the year again. The migrating baitfish are really schooled up along the coast right now and shark sightings in the shallows are commonplace. Just in the past few hunts I've seen a few small ones (3 footers) right up in the washes and shoreline breakers. These sharks are there to feed and the schools of baitfish are thick and dark and they'll be passing all around you - the flashing of hands & feet - well, you get the picture. And it should go without saying, "Probably best to stay out of the water at night right now." Be safe my friends! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of two legged predators are on the beach at night too. Never hunt alone at night and don't use any lights. Dunk your hollow points in cow dun.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eveyrtime I forgot about em, someone has to bring up the S word...SHARK. :laughing7:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I almost walked right into one mon evening such graceful creatures. I followed be side her for 5 minutes. Only 3 foot and still commands respect

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Friend of mine lives at Folly Beach and says they are really close in too.Be careful y'all.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gulf isn't exactly safe either.... two encounters in the past 4 weeks....one was to close for me.... wow can those things move when they want to....definitely could have ruined my day.

Cliff

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
last week in SC I saw 3 five footers in about three feet of water. people all around, amazing

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunrise and sunset are feeding times. Murky water gets you mistaken for food, just from your bodies electrical impulses they are reading.
High tide, not the best time in murky water, either.
Yeah, they'll usually bump and nip to "test" first, just be sure to fight like heck, so they don't chomp for a second bite.

I once kept stepping all over something on the bottom, in murky water at high tide. He finally clamped down on my coil, tried to take my Fluffy from me! I was kinda surprised I didn't pull him outta the water, when I jerked back like I was setting a hook, and started jumping and backing up, back to shore ASAP! He bit through the coil cover, but the coil didn't get damaged.
I got BIG RESPECT for that high tide in murky water! I was on a sand bar, in only 3 1/2 feet of water, 20 feet from shore.
Keep ya eyes peeled everyone and be safe!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been aware of sharks for a long time but especially since 2009. About the middle of 2009 I began to see signs of a wide spread change in the nature of the beasts, they were becoming more brazen and were exhibiting signs of great stealth. I almost expected to see reports that they were actually kind and benefited all mankind, just think a vegetarian shark. Around 2012 the number of attacks rose sharply with many victims taken by surprise at what was happening to them, it was like all the natural laws had been abandoned especially for this one breed and it is a relentless killer! In 2013 I thought the entire nation would learn but not so with more and more victims piling up as mere refuse on the beaches of life. Now the thing has gone world wide and could cause colossal tolls for loss of life and liberty, just like the world is at war with itself all natural boundaries are despoiled. I am of course talking about the Obama Shark!.......................63bkpkr

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been aware of sharks for a long time but especially since 2009. About the middle of 2009 I began to see signs of a wide spread change in the nature of the beasts, they were becoming more brazen and were exhibiting signs of great stealth. I almost expected to see reports that they were actually kind and benefited all mankind, just think a vegetarian shark. Around 2012 the number of attacks rose sharply with many victims taken by surprise at what was happening to them, it was like all the natural laws had been abandoned especially for this one breed and it is a relentless killer! In 2013 I thought the entire nation would learn but not so with more and more victims piling up as mere refuse on the beaches of life. Now the thing has gone world wide and could cause colossal tolls for loss of life and liberty, just like the world is at war with itself all natural boundaries are despoiled. I am of course talking about the Obama Shark!.......................63bkpkr

Politics?.....seriously?....:laughing7: :BangHead:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cdv1 there was a hammerhead right near the beach a few weeks ago on the Gulf,pretty unheard of. I,keep hearing more and more sharks are moving in closer to where swimmers are. Me? I lay out like a beached whale so I'm pretty safe. Jeff-Gordon glad you didn't get et( eaten)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you for your concern Madam

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wonder if stopping the people (mostly Asian) from eating sharks fin has anything to do with the increase sightings and injuries..

gaboynfla

Nov 19, 2012
Edgewater Fla.
Detector(s) used
B H Sharpshooter 11
Garret Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To much sand on the beach,and to many sharks in the water right now. I'm glad the boat is running, I'm going fishing for the next couple months! Stay safe out there.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anybody see the photos of those large alligators that were harvested in Mississippi during the alligator hunting season? Due caution is advised, it's a dangerous world we live in. There used to be quite a few of those 2 legged predators roaming around PCB, Fl back in the early 80's. Robberies and rapes on the beach were common and a few murders, also. You're better off with a friend or two, but if you are a loner like myself, just keep your ears and eyes open and trust your radar. HH.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no did troy landry get em?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be worth mentioning that it is that time of the year again. The migrating baitfish are really schooled up along the coast right now and shark sightings in the shallows are commonplace. Just in the past few hunts I've seen a few small ones (3 footers) right up in the washes and shoreline breakers. These sharks are there to feed and the schools of baitfish are thick and dark and they'll be passing all around you - the flashing of hands & feet - well, you get the picture. And it should go without saying, "Probably best to stay out of the water at night right now." Be safe my friends! :thumbsup:

Anyone looking for slightly used Excal? Lol just kidding! But I do feel safer scuba diving in deep water than I do wading chest deep in bait infested surf! My legs may be mistaken for whitefish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread