SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got back Fri. after spending Xmas with the Grandkids. Sat looked good before the weather change. Met up with Cliff and Greg. Spent 5hrs in the water. It really wasn't that cold. Flat and crystal clear. I did get this signet ring 1.9dwt 14K. I think Greg got one, but, needed cleaning up and tested. What was it Greg? At one time I heard Cliff calling my name to come over. It looked like he was holding a fishing rod. He said he couldn't get it out. He wasn't wearing a mask. I dropped down and tried to get whatever it was out. I grab it and it felt like the long neck of a jug or bottle. I couldn't move it or pull it out. Stood up told him what it was. He cracked up. He said, NO IT WASN'T. It's my SCOOP, it broke off. So now I'm scooping a scoop. Go figure. He had that sucker buried deep. Finally got it out and handed to him and we kept going. He's swinging and I'm swinging and I've got the scoop. I like them odds. How funny is that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to hunt with humorous pals, I be the had a grin ear to eat calling you over to attempt the recovery.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got back Fri. after spending Xmas with the Grandkids. Sat looked good before the weather change. Met up with Cliff and Greg. Spent 5hrs in the water. It really wasn't that cold. Flat and crystal clear. I did get this signet ring 1.9dwt 14K. I think Greg got one, but, needed cleaning up and tested. What was it Greg? At one time I heard Cliff calling my name to come over. It looked like he was holding a fishing rod. He said he couldn't get it out. He wasn't wearing a mask. I dropped down and tried to get whatever it was out. I grab it and it felt like the long neck of a jug or bottle. I couldn't move it or pull it out. Stood up told him what it was. He cracked up. He said, NO IT WASN'T. It's my SCOOP, it broke off. So now I'm scooping a scoop. Go figure. He had that sucker buried deep. Finally got it out and handed to him and we kept going. He's swinging and I'm swinging and I've got the scoop. I like them odds. How funny is that?
Cracking find Sonny! Sounds like a 50/50 situation when you have to so the scooping! Lol

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love that ring and thanks for the save on my Stavr scoop. Apparently the scoop and me are stronger than that fiberglass handle. It was good to get out again with you

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sonny, that is a terrific ring find! Signets are my favorite:hello2:

Nice pic of the ring...so festive!

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Sonny...way to get that last gold of the year...congrats and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

howie h2o

Apr 21, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sonny ,met you for the first time on Miami Beach.Nice ring I left you alone in that hole I also pulled one out that day in the same area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread