Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reflecting on 2013

Looking back at 2013.......the good and the bad, I'm looking forward to another year of hunting. I can honestly say, I hunted less this year, in part because we had an incredibly rainy summer....and the sanded-in beaches were frustrating.

I found less gold this year, but more diamonds. I found more rings this year, but less gold rings (but more silver). I found more small gold, but I credit the excal for that. I also seemed to find a bunch of fake/plated stuff this year??. What I will take away from 13 is knowledge, both from time spent on the beach and gained on this forum.

Some other lessons learned, always keep your cell phone in a zip=lock baggie, even when you don't intend on getting in the water.....always make sure your scoop is in the trunk before you drive away from the beach (luckily it was there when I got that oh crap feeling and pulled a U-Turn). Oh, and don't always listen to crap people tell you on the beach.....twice this year I had people trying to divert me away from places by giving me BS information.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year everyone :occasion14:

Yes, I botched up the title of the post....but as far as I know, only an admin can edit those.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Not being picky or sarcastic but,how do you look back back at something that isnt here yet:dontknow:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being picky or sarcastic but,how do you look back back at something that isnt here yet:dontknow:
Today is the last Day of 2013,if you can't reflect on that . you need to get out more and stop living in a Cave !!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Enjoyable post!

Happy New Year, Hag730

Lorraine

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Easy Red:
All one needs is a time machine such as the Delorean car in "Back to the Future".
Or believe in a strong dollar policy, because one is told so , and in fiat currency(s) backed by the promises of Government. Or follow the research of Dr. Timothy Leary and just turn on, tune in, drop out. Re read " Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Or if you are a do it your selfer, spend a weekend without water on a mesa in the desert after having been bit by a rattle snake. Simply put, it is all in the mind!

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Ron: There are no vacancies!

Cave(s) are either fully occupied by the Millenium Generation as part of their entitlement(s) or feral hippies!

Today is the last Day of 2013,if you can't reflect on that . you need to get out more and stop living in a Cave !!

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous New Year

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Some other lessons learned, always keep your cell phone in a zip=lock baggie

Amen to that.........

and Hoping all have a Healthy, Safe and happy New Year..

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, 2013 was one of those years that inspired me and motivated me to set new goals for 2014. Never quit chasing your dreams and ideas folks, after all, the hardest part is actually pursuing them, the distance between seldom as far as it often appears. :thumbsup: Here's wishing everyone an amazing and awesome 2014.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, 2013 was one of those years that inspired me and motivated me to set new goals for 2014. Never quit chasing your dreams and ideas folks, after all, the hardest part is actually pursuing them, the distance between seldom as far as it often appears. :thumbsup: Here's wishing everyone an amazing and awesome 2014.
I agree with with bigscoop. Never quit.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread