Stock 10" or WOT coil for excal 1000

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past I used both quite a bit, now I use the 8" and 12x15 SEF. Having said that, they both provide a certain degree of advantage and disadvantage. Unless you can afford two machines to hard wire each coil into its own machine you're really limited to the selection of just one, which is why I opted for a coil connector, so I can change coils to suit my needs/requirements depending on the hunting environment. "Is there a quality made reliable connector out there?" Apparently not yet because I have yet to find it, so if you go with a connector be prepared to offer it some routine care and maintenance. Decisions, decisions......I went with the connector and I'm glad I did, allows me complete versatility, but like I said, that connector gets routine care and maintenance to avoid the inevitable. So as to your original question, it's one of those decisions I just couldn't make because I wanted the advantage of both. :dontknow:

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
I have both, I use the Bulgin connector, I had trouble with it and narrowed the problem to the gland nut and packing gland
it seems that the wire would compress after a period of time. all it was is to make sure the nut stays tight. this worked for me. On dry or wet sand hands down the Wot is the way to go, you will still get stud earrings, In the water it pushes harder so this is personal as to how hard you want to work,
I know of a person who used the connector that comes with the Wot and has had no problems.
HH Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread