Heat Wave Gold

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.JPG

003.JPG

Got out with Craig and Bruce again and with the temps hitting 30 it seemed like a heat wave.

I did a little better than I thought, getting three Wheaties and a tiny 14K, .97g wedding band. I thought it was brass when I dug it and went to have some fun with Craig. I told him it was gold, thinking it was brass. He buffed it up on his jacket and said it is gold. Then I thought HE was kidding. :laughing7:

They were hunting the wet rocks and I was hunting the water. When I left, both had silver in their pouches.

For those that don't know either of these gentlemen, their posts speak for themselves. They are both excellent hunters and if treasure is there they will surely find it. Always hunting with both of them.

Anyone thinking the Excal won't it small, deep gold is mistaken. This tiny .97g wedding band was a solid repeatable, not blaring, but solid ) at 8" easy. Not super deep, but for it's size impressive, at least to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!!!

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunting the water with a 30 degree air temp is brave. Below 35 degrees and my hands get numb too quick. I guess when you live in Connecticut you get use to the cold. Nice find for a cold hunt. Beach Papa

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice gold ring find, fsa! :headbang:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread