May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at all the nonsense TV, swamp people ,amish mafia, american idol, dance moms, housewives of Timbuktu, hells kitchen, ice road truckers, survivors, cheaters and how about that classic ...the apprentice,undercoverboss, etc. For what its worth Jerry Springer started out with an intelligent talk show once , which promptly tanked in the rating. I believe too much TV lowers your IQ.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they found some nice "Mineish" artifacts last night :laughing7:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow a Diggers thread in a new section of the forum! Great! At least these comments are fresh, never been discussed before so I see why it wasn't included in one of the other 80 Diggers threads. :rolleyes:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They haven't taken this show off the air yet? Im not religious but, Wwjd?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched my first episode (and last btw) of Diggers. What a horrible, and annoying show. Those two fools sure shed a good light on our hobby, great ambassadors...

OH - YOU PUT AMBASSADORS ---THOUGHT YOU SAID EMBARASSERS

OP
OP
Diggin Dave

Diggin Dave

May 20, 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (Waterproofed)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow a Diggers thread in a new section of the forum! Great! At least these comments are fresh, never been discussed before so I see why it wasn't included in one of the other 80 Diggers threads. :rolleyes:

Beach and shallow water is the only section of this forum that I read or post in fella. I thought it was an appropriate post in light of the new permit needed in MA, and mounting pressure in other areas for this hobby, to have those two jackwagons on TV making us all look like fools. Btw who made you the post police?

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Compare the Diggers to some of the other unbelievable shows that have not lasted. The Diggers show what we really find and how we can work with and help archeologists, museums, and historians. They keep nothing! A bit of history is also passed along during each episode. Take it for what is worth. If you don't like the show, don't watch it.

YES their antics are something else and are annoying yet comical to some.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I happened to click on the show while "surfing" the channels. I watched it for about a minute, ...couldn't tolerate it any further; seemed so contrived to me.

Lorraine

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same, the off button is the most used button on my remote.
Can't stand most if what's on TV nowadays, including the news!

Good that you visited the Cape before they lay down the law.
Guess we could learn to scuba dive.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe too much TV lowers your IQ.

You dont know how close you are to the truth lol.Your right and left side of your brain is constantly communicating,when watching TV your brain fails to do that.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Don't get me started on this sorry excuse of air time. I saw one episode and didn't want to be seen detecting again.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I've said before.........
It's simple... If you don't like it then don't watch it. The show is going strong in it's third season. Personally I think the people who say they don't like it watch and talk about it more than the people who do enjoy the show. In a way I think these same people are creating more and more interest in the show then ever. BTW If someone thinks people don't act like them they are dead wrong. I have been hanging out with the same friends for almost 40 years now and weather we are metal detecting, bass fishing, hunting, motocross riding, playing basketball or drinking we do it to the max and never worried about anyone's perception of us. All I know is we had the time of our lives and I live for those moments in life. I do hope at some point in everyone's life that they did get to experience what
KG and Ringy are experiencing, I know I have over the past 40 years and hopefully the next 40. I think most people hunt alone and that just might have something to do with it. If I had been alone I doubt that much of it would have ever happened and that would have been a shame.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: thankfully I have never been around people who act like them while out hunting.

No this does not mean things are boring when there are several of us out,
it just means we act like adults. at last in front of the public.

I still don't have a problem with the shows, as I know they do not do that
without a camera on them,
sure they probably laugh & joke, but not run around like children on sugar shock.
& hey I'm sure the 3 stooges never hit each other on the head
with hammers
when out in public either.

one of the Commercials during Friday's episode was a fishing show.
something about tuna I think. the one guy was screaming like a little girl on spring break :icon_scratch:
I suppose there are fishermen who hate that too, but, personally, I don't think
all fishermen scream like Girls :dontknow:

Last edited:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No this does not mean things are boring when there are several of us out,
it just means we act like adults. at last in front of the public.

I'm pretty sure they act a little different "in front of the public" too. The only time I see them act a little crazy is when they are alone together as it probably should be. I have just always assumed everyone acted a little more like them when you are with your friends and no one else is around but I guess I'm wrong. I like getting excited about finding something that I think is great but if the homeowner or land owner is there we always try to control it just as I think KG and Ringy would do. How do you know you don't like their behavior unless you have tried it? The next time it's just you and your partner and you find something that you think is great do a dance or run around pumping your fist in the air or run to your partner and show him OR take that great find, secure it in your finds pouch, show him after the hunt, shake hands and return home. Go with the first option at least once and you might be surprised how good that feels.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure they act a little different "in front of the public" too. The only time I see them act a little crazy is when they are alone together as it probably should be. I have just always assumed everyone acted a little more like them when you are with your friends and no one else is around but I guess I'm wrong. I like getting excited about finding something that I think is great but if the homeowner or land owner is there we always try to control it just as I think KG and Ringy would do. How do you know you don't like their behavior unless you have tried it? The next time it's just you and your partner and you find something that you think is great do a dance or run around pumping your fist in the air or run to your partner and show him OR take that great find, secure it in your finds pouch, show him after the hunt, shake hands and return home. Go with the first option at least once and you might be surprised how good that feels.

:tongue3: No they would be calling an Ambulance for me :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Diggers show what we really find and how we can work with and help archeologists, museums, and historians. They keep nothing! A bit of history is also passed along during each episode.

So this is the future you want for all detectorists? We give everything we find to land-owners, archies and museums? What's the point of buying detectors, and spending our time digging stuff up if we get nothing in return?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread