To All The Family Guys

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was on the beach yesterday I couldn't help but see a guy chasing his 3 little ones around. They were running all over and he was going in every direction rounding them up. The children then spotted me and before I knew it I had 3 silent spectators a couple feet away. Dad came over and told them to leave me alone. Dad then mentioned to me he detected too. He asked me some questions about my Whites PI and he said he had a Garrett. He told me he doesn't get out very often with his job and family. He had been contemplating bringing it with him on this vacation. But he pointed out as I could see he had to keep the little army in check. He said he wouldn't mind looking for some gold. I told him Dude you already found gold. You got a beautiful wife and three beautiful kids. Before you know it those kids will be grown up and you will be walking that little girl down the aisle. Then you will have time to enjoy this hobby.
To all you young people out there your time will come as you get older. Yes retirement is a beautiful thing. There were many days years ago when I would have loved to been detecting instead of working. I remember getting out only a few times a month if I was lucky. But I made it a goal to keep up on the hobby by reading and that was before the internet. Enjoy and treasure these family moments while you can. Life goes by real fast!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya I have had an adult guy throw pennies "at me" from the sidewalk and laugh, the people he was with were mortified. Actually got hit with a few, so I turned and headed toward the water till he disappeared. Quickest way I know to diffuse the situation.

To deal with that situation just simply dig your foot into the sand under the pennies they've thrown at you and laugh while saying " you want them back?" And flick them back to them with a nice little facial sand shower!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have 10 year old and 15 yeaar old sons and i have been thinking the very same thing alot lately!!!! 15 year old will be out of the house in 3-4 years!!!!!! i feel time slipping away and ive tried to adjust my detecting time so i can spend more time with them.
im trying to come up with enough money to buy them each a comfortable/easy to use water machine and get them interested in my hobby!!!!
very good thread here!!!!!!!

chuck.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I went detecting with my two grandsons on Saturday and Sunday!
It was so much fun! They are so in to it! My older grandson (9) used a flathead screwdriver
at the park and popped out a quarter! Boy that method leaves no tell tale signs of ever being there!
I missed out with my son but I'm not with my grandsons!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread