Last 4 trips to the river, Parts 1 & 2

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm running behind posting my photos from my last 4 trips to the river. Sometimes I'm spread mighty thin for a fat man and for one reason or the other, hadn't been keeping up with my finds. I'm showing the trash to let the newer members know you got to dig trash to find treasure. Lots of pull tabs, 22 casings, 22 bullets, large caliber pistol rounds, tin foil, lures, sinkers, etc. Photos 1-3 are from this Monday and the ring is 92.5 sterling from China and more than like cubic zirconia stones, I haven't tested yet. Nice marble, either my 3rd or 4th in the river and # 3 is the trash. 1st car key near the wall. Photos 4-6 are what I found the day I recovered the ring for the man under the boat house. Sterling ring, ear ring in shotgun cap, 1st pocket knife and another key. Part of a lure and extra spoon from another lure, I guess and first trigger I've found. Haven't tested the ear ring, but believe it's gold plated and not real deal. Behind on testing, also. HH.
last 4 trips to the river 001 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 002 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 003 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 004 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 005 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 006 (Custom).jpg
Here are the other photos. The first two photos are when I tried to find his ring, but the water was too rough and I found T-Rex and some clad. 3rd photo is the day I went to the river and my At/Pro died on me, but found this while waiting on him to arrive at the boat house. Last photo is more junk and I found quite a bit in the shallow or up to mid chest range. Found a little at neck deep, but not near as much.
This has me caught up and I haven't been out too many times this year. Hope that's about to change for the better. HH. I'm sure the stones in photo #3 are cz's, but will check anyway.
last 4 trips to the river 009 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 008 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 007 (Custom).jpg last 4 trips to the river 010 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

StoneDogg1

Greenie
May 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt!

As an aside - THANK YOU for posting pics of the trash. I sometimes get discouraged by all of the caps, tabs, foil, nails, etc... I dig. When looking at the posts on TNet, sometimes you get the impression that some folks only dig interesting items (or really know how to play their detector) - the trash is lost. Seeing veteran member pics of trash (with their treasures) actually gives me hope in finding some treasures of my own!

I think it should be mandatory to post the trash pics next to the treasures (for perspective) ;P

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very interesting post, fongu...well written:headbang:; I love details.

Congrats on the silver ring find.:hello2:

LOrraine

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good points on photos with trash. It can be a bit deceiving for someone new to the hobby. One needs to see the hard work that needs to go with pulling out the treasures IMO. I think I'll start doing the same. Good advice.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring in the photo with the knife is sterling, also. I just haven't cleaned it up. Hoped to go tomorrow and rent a wetsuit, but my back is acting up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions