May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Lookindown (our third amigo DavidFl couldn't make it this week) and had a great day. The water was just beautiful and the crowd is getting bigger. Hit the water and for the first 15 minutes didn't dig a thing but then got a blast in the headphones that woke me right up. Clicking over to ID mode I heard that beautiful solid middle tone and guess what my first target of the day was.....

DSC01596.JPG DSC01597.JPG

Lookindown was a few steps behind me and was able to enjoy the moment with me and we both figured this might be a good day. I began to get a little concerned when for the next hour all that turned up for either of us was a few coins. Lookindown got ahead of me and I could see him talking to a guy and could see the guy pointing at the beach then the surf and figured he was telling him that he lost something and when Lookindown signaled me that there was a lost ring in the water I knew it was time to kick it into overdrive. We both like looking for lost items for people mostly to get it back to the person because of sentimental value but also for any reward offered from the person. It costs us around $40 between gas and parking so we never turn down a reward because of that but mostly because it takes us out of our hunt that we could have made a find. We take it personally and sometimes spend an hour or more searching of a lost item for people and this guy seemed really concerned. He said that he had lost his wedding band in the surf the day earlier and he had spent hours looking for it that day and had returned the next day to look again when he saw us. He said that he was married for over 10 years and was here on business and had not told his wife he had lost the ring. He said he didn't sleep the night after losing it so we knew it meant the world to him. We searched the general area for about 30 minutes with no luck when he told Lookindown that if he found it he would give him a BIG reward and just a couple minutes later Lookindown got a nice solid tone that could be it. A few scoops down and he told me he had it. It looked exactly like the guy said it looked so there was no question as to if it was his or not. It was 14K and big and heavy. When Lookindown showed it to him his eyes lit up and he said THAT'S IT!!! He hugged Lookindown and had a hard time containing himself then oddly said "you could have just pocketed it and made bank" and we laughed and said no way we could ever do that and then calmly asked us "do I owe you guys anything" We really couldn't believe what we were hearing after he just offered a 'BIG" reward but told him it was up to him but we wouldn't turn one down (we share all rewards for beach returns) Well we stood around for a few more minutes talking and he said "well I guess I'll run up to the hotel and get you a reward for the return" we said OK and then he asked if we would be there all day. I said no that we would only be there for a little while longer and would be heading down the beach and he said OK no problem and headed to the hotel. We hunted the general area waiting for him to return with our "BIG" reward and you've probably guessed it by now but he was a no show. He never came back. Now don't get me wrong here. If he said he didn't have anything to give us or just never mentioned a reward I don't have a problem with that. I would look for it either way but when you tell someone you will reward them handsomely for something and then stiff them well I do have a problem with that. All I can say about someone like that is KARMA IS A B!TCH. Not only did he lie to us but then left us waiting for more time out of our hunt. I want to believe that something happened and he just couldn't make it back to the beach but I know better so anyways we got back at it and on my way back down the beach this beauty showed up in my scoop...

DSC01593.JPG DSC01594.JPG

My first 2 gold day since last year.... I ended up finding a small silver ring, an ear gauge and a silver bracelet to end the day.

DSC01600.JPG DSC01601.JPG DSC01602.JPG DSC01603.JPG

Overall we had a great day and I can say that the return experience wont effect the way I try to help people find lost items but I guess there are just all types out there. I just wish he would have been honest after what we did for him instead of a coward but then again like I said there are all types out there. I hope everyone gets the GOLD....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Very nice!! Great story. I'd say you got your reward with that nice gold! You're right, karma is a *****!

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people choose the wrong door to go through he seen a way out and took it good luck on the gold

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on those beautiful gold ring finds, BiggMike!:notworthy:

Too bad about that dishonest person that you helped out.....he totally lacks integrity, but you and your friends are perfect examples of integrity!:headbang:

Lorraine

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds... hopefully that guy will get what hes got coming some how.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigmike kicked my ass on this day. I got three junk earrings but I can still say WE had a great day. We have a blast no matter what we find. Just goes to show, your coil has to go over it to find it. We hunted close together all day and with the same machine and he came up with all the goodies. We have a team attitude, so Im happy when my amigos make a nice find...good luck to everyone. IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0084.JPG

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, you did good on the return and you scored some gold. And some nice looking gold at that....he will lose that ring again and next time his luck will not be with him...

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So cool, guys! Wish I had a hunting buddy! You just gotta be glad you're not like other people!:icon_queen:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have held on to the ring till he came back

CASPER-2