Stormy weather & 2 sterling silver ear rings

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to the river late yesterday and the place was so crowded I had to go into a non productive area. Produced tons of pop tops and pull tabs and one dime. It started raining and thundering and most of the people left except about 20. There were well over 100 people at the lake/river yesterday. I eased under the dock and found a few more clad and then eased out by one of the buoys and got this sweet low hit and 4 inches down I found the smallest ear ring. Almost threw it back into the water due to it being so dark and wearing my sun glasses. A few feet away, another whisper of sound and I found the larger ear ring, at 6 inches deep. I was getting a signal from what I believe to be a chain in neck deep water and the waves were beating me up pretty good. Then I saw the fattest lightning bolt I've ever seen and it was time to go. The chain will be there next time. Found a hook, and sinkers, bullets and everything else. The two ear rings turned a frustrated day into a great day, find wise. Anytime I get to detect, is a great day. Without modifying my scoop, these would still be in the river.
I turn my head phones down some in the real trashy areas, but glad I had them turned up to hear the little whisper from the ear rings.
stormy day at the river 001 (Custom).jpg stormy day at the river 002 (Custom).jpg stormy day at the river 003 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Two pretty silver finds, fongu!

Stay out of that lightening...good luck next time there...get that chain!

Lorraine

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a childhood friend killed on the beach in NJ by lightning 50 years ago. I can't get my butt off the beach fast enough.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!
In the top left pic of the trash, the can with the pop top in it looks like a robot from a movie.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was just one of many cans at the river. I'd like to find a robot, tho. I've found marbles, trucks, cars and buses, but no robots, yet. Beer cans floating by and on the bottom, also. Tested the diamonds and if I did the test right they were real and the diamonds on the sterling cross I found a couple weeks ago were also real. I really didn't think they would put real diamonds on sterling silver jewelry, but I guess they do. Once I saw the first lightning, I hauled anchor. Just as long as it was raining and thundering, I hunkered down and prayed. Hope to hit it early for a change Wed or Thursday of this week. After the 4th of July, maybe I will find some more gold. All the targets I've recovered so far were not recent drops. Range in depth from 4 inches for the smallest ear ring to 6 for the larger and the chain & cross I found before this was about 8 inches and the gold bracelet I can't remember, but at least 6-8 inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread