Gray ghost headphone purchase and installation questions.

rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have replaced several, however I do have NASA micro-miniature repair training. To do a good job it takes me about 3-5 hours including curing time for the epoxy layers. It is not a DYI task. You can buy a replacement end cap with a water proof connector and a matching water proof connector for the headphones. Two set screws and the end cape is replaced; take care of the O-ring as you would on any O-ring - clean and a bit of silicone grease. then if you get the mating connector it is not difficult to put it on the GG Headphone, if you don't get it already installed. P.S. I am loving my GG headphones on the Garrett ATX, ATPro and Infinium detectors.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rons 1947, check with Stroker x1 on this forum , he lives in Ft. Myers,Fl. and work on detectors

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry in Kellyco's Minelab repair center changes them out, he did both of mine and they are in Orlando. Kellyco has the headphones too...

Just call Kellyco and ask to speak to Barry in their Minelab repair center....

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry done mine also.Over a year ago.Great job

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Barry did a great job on mine too. I now have to learn the tones all over again since the grey ghost has changed the original ones .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread