Stealth Scoop... U-bolt vs Tube mount???

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

catamount

Greenie
Sep 12, 2013
New England, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure Chuck will chime in with the specifics but it looks like the main benefit of the tube is the "quick release". There is only one nut to loosen to remove the handle (in the case of traveling, etc). With the bolt system, there are 4 nuts to loosen.

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was my initial thought as well. If that is the case I will def opt for the tube for travel purposes.

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tube or U-bolt mount?

I have been in market for a sand scoop. After reading a post about the stealth scoop and the great customer service Chuck provides, it will be my next scoop. Only question I have is on the handle mount. I want a 720 scoop but which handle mount? Any advantage to either one of the mounts? All help appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for asking.

Tube: Slightly lighter, quick release handle for 1 3/8" diameter handle, this model will take a Carbon Fiber handle directly (no modification) if you decide you want one at a later date (who wouldn't?), very strong since the handle is 1 3/8" which is larger than most other scoops which use 1 1/4"

U-Bolt: Handle is considered stronger simply due to the fact that it is 1 1/2" diameter at the basket end, proven design (25 years), accepts existing handles you might have from an older Stealth, kind of a problem fitting a Carbon Fiber handle to this model. Easier to find a handle at a hardware store if you are on vacation and need one.

I use and recommend the Tube type.

Chuck

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you chuck for the fast response.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the tube with the carbon fiber handle! After going through two other company's scoops,
I purchased the 720i Hybrid and couldn't be more pleased with the Stealth scoop!
The carbon fiber handle is super light weight and very strong.
It's also the lightest scoop setup that I own!

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have the hybrid holed tube stealth scoop , with the ash wood handle , so far it's taken my abuse no sweat. And I am getting all left ATM buff from the amount of material I am able to scoop compared to my first scoop.

powered by pull tabs

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have the hybrid holed tube stealth scoop , with the ash wood handle , so far it's taken my abuse no sweat. And I am getting all left ATM buff from the amount of material I am able to scoop compared to my first scoop.

powered by pull tabs

Please Translate?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops - please disregard entered twice !

Thanks for asking.

Tube: Slightly lighter, quick release handle for 1 3/8" diameter handle, this model will take a Carbon Fiber handle directly (no modification) if you decide you want one at a later date (who wouldn't?), very strong since the handle is 1 3/8" which is larger than most other scoops which use 1 1/4"

U-Bolt: Handle is considered stronger simply due to the fact that it is 1 1/2" diameter at the basket end, proven design (25 years), accepts existing handles you might have from an older Stealth, kind of a problem fitting a Carbon Fiber handle to this model. Easier to find a handle at a hardware store if you are on vacation and need one.

I use and recommend the Tube type.

Chuck

In my opinion,

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the 720i with the ubolt and wooden handle and it's been great. One thing I really like about the wooden handle is that it floats so its easy to retrieve if dropped or gets knocked out of your hand. Don't know if the carbon fiber handle does that even though it's lighter.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Translate?

Bah auto correct, was supposed to say, I'm getting buff in my left arm from the amount of material I am able to scoop with the stealth, compared to my first water scoop.