Beach Hunting Advice

Montgomeryjr

Apr 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting ready to move to the beach here at the end of May. I have done limited beach hunting in the past I've been hunting mostly on land so this water thing will be a new world for me. Any advice anyone has I would love to know what are some things that you have done wrong that you would like to have done right given the second chance. What have you learned while conducting beach hunting operations. Thanks everyone for their time.

James Montgomery

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
James, make sure you have the right beach machine first and foremost. Work the high to low tide lines in heavy trafficked ares.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will PM you a link to some of my articles - may help - may inspire

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the wet sand, I use 2 machines. The BHID300 and TDI Pro. The TDI pro is not waterproof, coil is. This Is a PI machine that will get the faint signals that are very deep.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Which beach?

I almost pulled up stakes and moved to the ocean only to realize I have a gold mine in my own back yard, the Chesapeake Bay..SO before you move research the area...you live in and to where you are moving and Remember beach's have seasons.

Now as far as eyecandy... well the yesteryears beach's don't have that...So I have a summer rental at the ocean to cover that and the fresh drops.

I found renting before I move to area really helps one to see what they are getting into.. Good Luck and Be Safe..And Keep us informed...

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always remember to keep quiet when you find that Gold, Platinum and Silver jewelry, because there will be people who will try to scam you out of it or physically take it from you, when people ask if you found anything just reply "some change and bottle caps" also if you do a recovery for someone make them describe the item to a "T" so you don't get scammed that way either. You will also need some good sunglasses and be discreet if you are checking out the scenery! Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions