jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Don't you hate it when (insert).......

you charge your excalibur's battery 24 hrs just to go out to the beach for 25 minutes on a gorgeous low tide, target popping day just to get that God awful AWKKKK every 30 seconds telling you your battery is low... WHATTTT!!! Just to get home and see that it wasn't plugged in to the wall...

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate it when..

Ugh...this sucks, let me explain.
I sold my 350 to a co-worker last Friday, hooked him up with all the extra goodies, sniper coil, pretty much everything a young newbie would need, and trust me, I did him a solid by not getting back what I had invested....

So then Sat am, I drive by my office, and holy chit... branch wide open, office open, 6 trucks wide open, with product exposed....not a soul around...

It was his responsibility to finish loading the trucks, and secure the branch, as he did every nite, but he was so jacked up to go beeping before it got dark, he bailed before tightening up his job...

I had no other choice to call my bossman, gave him the lowdown on the cluster I was looking at, I mean, if I had turned my back, or ignored it, it could have gotten real ugly...3 day weekend and all...
So I secured my company's property, as the boss and I were on the same page regarding this mess, and deal with it on Tues. AM.

Needless to say, the kid lost his job, and I feel bad about it, cuz he was a good kid, and I was looking forward to putting him under my wing and teach him how to beep.

Just sucks...

I had to protect my company, and with it lose a friend...dammitman

You did the right thing Dave! The kid has to be responsible but too bad he lost the job but has to learn the hard way!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of people getting excited about metal detecting, but he took it to a new level. Work first, then play would have made you, the boss and the kid have a great and happy day.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, seriously. Am I the ONLY one who brought all their gear...and left their detector at home? And I had a clothing malfunction once that wasn't so great, came out of the deep water to see the front seam of my water shorts had come apart from waistband all the way down to the bottom, giving me sort of a half loin cloth look. That is ended my hunt pretty quick.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I hate it when you hunt in the sun for eight long hours and only find but $3 in change and drive home dirty and worn out from digging zinc pennies and pull-tabs. Where does all the jewelry go - long time passing?

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
...I hate it when you hunt in the sun for eight long hours and only find but $3 in change and drive home dirty and worn out from digging zinc pennies and pull-tabs. Where does all the jewelry go - long time passing?

~That's everyday dude... Everyday..~

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
you get up at 3 in the morning and hit a beach at a -1.1 ft low tide and swing for 6.5 hrs and come home with 3.50 in change.... Wrist is numb, tennis elbow in both elbows and feel like I got hit by a truck... Thank God I have a day job.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when I get a signal and scoop till I hit water...
then sides cave in...
Then I have to re-scoop the side sands...
And I scoop...
And scoop...
and scoop... then sides cave in again...
Then scoop and scoop... and scoop and scoooop...
then scoooop some more...

All the while not getting any closer to the "dreaded invisible whatever" that you are sure you just got in the last scoop...

And this goes on in some cases...
until I just refill the hole because I am just plain sick of scooping fruitlessly.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Daily.....

Top Member Reactions