Santa Monica Beach today

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1770.jpg Low tide at 5:50am. Even though it was a nice low tide the conditions weren't very good. Targets were few and far in between. It was so bad I even started digging iron hits just so I could dig something. After about two hours I went up and started working the dry sand. First good target was the tiny silver ring and then the gold band (got the usual clad too). To bad its a cheap gold ring. Shows 14k F6 or FG. Very light (3 grams). It still looked good in the bottom of the scoop and its better than getting skunked:laughing7:

The stud really sparkled in the sun. Looks great but its junk too. At least it was a beautiful day to detect. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS FG - POPULAR MAKER = WTG!

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS FG - POPULAR MAKER = WTG!
It does have the funky little g that Frederick Goldman uses (googled it) thought it was a bad 6 :laughing7: thanks for the heads up and the reply. You made my day Casper :thumbsup:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that - location does not matter
Some things like boredome never change.
A detectorists has to realize why he or she is there.

After four hours of not even one good tone, I gave up and started digging rusty bobby pins for amusement. If i would of stuck to my knitting, err detecting, I would of found a nice 14 K white gold wedding ring instead of my partner as it was a few feet away from my one find for the day (Argh)!

Thought about keeping that rusty bobby pin in my tropy case as a reminder of what not to do.Instead, I chickened out and tossed tossed it in the trash can (too much pain)!

Congrats on the finds!!
Thanx for sharing

View attachment 1164486 Low tide at 5:50am. Even though it was a nice low tide the conditions weren't very good. Targets were few and far in between. It was so bad I even started digging iron hits just so I could dig something. After about two hours I went up and started working the dry sand. First good target was the tiny silver ring and then the gold band (got the usual clad too). To bad its a cheap gold ring. Shows 14k F6 or FG. Very light (3 grams). It still looked good in the bottom of the scoop and its better than getting skunked:laughing7:

The stud really sparkled in the sun. Looks great but its junk too. At least it was a beautiful day to detect. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
GF means gold filled. Nice score on the ring! Hey 20grams or 3grams..its gold and it adds up quick. Paid for your gas at least.

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Weve all been there. Its all about the hours and luck... Still fresh air and exercise is never a bad thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions