Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For me, here are some things I couldn't live without for detecting:

First my beach cart. Beach Cart by Wheeleez

A bit pricy but well made. It rolls so good even on very soft sand. Can pull over 150lbs!!! Stores very compact. I use a few bungees. When I am with the family I have this thing taking my Yeti Tundra 45 cooler, SportBrella, Radio and much more, you can really haul some stuff with it. Even with just my basic kit, I need it, because my basic kit includes my next item......30lbs of dive weights.

IMG_1620.jpg

Those of you hitting the water without weight don't know what your missing! I can go into chest deep water and stay firmly planted. This is 30lbs of lead weight. If I am in more shallow water, I duck walk, to keep myself under water, and I stay planted nicely and you really don't notice the weight much. Carrying this much weight outside of the water however can be a real task. Especially if going to and from the car and there is good distance. This is why I take my Beach Cart!

IMG_1621.jpg

Another item that I find very important is a nice waterproof seat cover, cheap, simple universal fit, keeps the seat from going to hell real fast. Here is the one I use:

http://amzn.com/B00R26RCVK

81ITFIXFKEL._SL1500_.jpg

Finally, is my Minelab ProSwing setup. Its decked out with my flashlight, flat head screwdriver for prying stuff out of rocks, Garett Pro Pointer, Nite-Ize cell phone holder, small nite ize flashlight on a retractable cord, storage pouch, velcro patches, custom KellyCo finds bag, and Taurus TCP:

IMG_1622.jpg

I am making another post to talk more in depth on my Minelab ProSwing setup. You can read about it here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/465490-my-minelab-proswing-45-setup.html

Also, I don't use the ProSwing in the water, its just for my dry land hunting. And the weight belt of course is only used in the water. When I go in the water, I use the kellyco finds back with its original belt.

What types of things do you all find indispensable for your beach hunting?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry my detector and scoop, nothing else...my finds go in my pocket and my rings go on a shower clip attached to my hat string.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice setup, Sure gives you the edge on the competition.. I like that water proof seat cover, and the weights you use.

I guess two of my favorite things would be my drysuits, and the sifter. Both I only use in the bay, the drysuit allows me to hunt 32 degree waters up to 80 degree days and not have to worry about bacteria, or other things like Jelly fish.. And the sifter sure helps when the sand is filled with other debris.
277811_1.jpg 277811_2.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry my detector and scoop, nothing else...my finds go in my pocket and my rings go on a shower clip attached to my hat string.

My rings go on an easy on/off key chain I carry in my pocket. I like to travel as light as possible because much of my hunting also involves some pretty long hikes.

But that is a cool beach rig especially for carrying those weights. It beats the hell out of lugging them back and forth.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
My New beach cart... Trial run, soon to be, for those hard to reach tight spots and just to have fun

OBN0342.jpg

Last edited:

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those seat covers look trick!
Just ordered one!