lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Impressive finds, Terry:thumbsup:

I have a 10", but am thinking of getting an 8"...I like to hunt in rocky areas. and get deep into the spaces between the rocks.

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!! :occasion14:

bettendorfJoe

Jan 23, 2013
Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Just a question: in your opinion, is it the coil or the machine that can do the most to improve your odds?
I know "slow and steady", but does a new hyped up coil make a huge difference on the bottom line?

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds looks like its working great for you..Do you use the 8 in Tornado on your Sovereign?? I am considering one for my sovereign XS my stock BBS 800 is bad..

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an excalibur with the 8" coil and I love how smooth it works!
Best of Luck out there!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog gone wished i could like my 8". Nothing wrong with the coil at all.... great depth, sensitivity, and runs very smooth. Coil tech is changing quickly so yes a coil or headphones can improve your finds. Few years back the PRO coil, SEF and some 12" coils came out...... they made a big difference in coverage, sensitivity for the size of coil, and were more stable. Joe did a great job on getting my 8" all set up.......... but i look down those long beaches of ours with all that renurished or moved in sand and i cant bring myself to grab that machine. For working an area with some trash or rock i would. But here i need the depth and havent found the 8" to be anymore sensitive. So i go for coverage and depth.

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Lorraine..I also like the rocky areas .... the rocks seem to trap all the good stuff from sinking, I find the 8" is more manageable than my 10" or 12". These Sovereign coils will be much harder to come by soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Just a question: in your opinion, is it the coil or the machine that can do the most to improve your odds?
I know "slow and steady", but does a new hyped up coil make a huge difference on the bottom line?
For the area I was in ... it was more manageable than my 10" or 12" coils.

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Dog gone wished i could like my 8". Nothing wrong with the coil at all.... great depth, sensitivity, and runs very smooth. Coil tech is changing quickly so yes a coil or headphones can improve your finds. Few years back the PRO coil, SEF and some 12" coils came out...... they made a big difference in coverage, sensitivity for the size of coil, and were more stable. Joe did a great job on getting my 8" all set up.......... but i look down those long beaches of ours with all that renurished or moved in sand and i cant bring myself to grab that machine. For working an area with some trash or rock i would. But here i need the depth and havent found the 8" to be anymore sensitive. So i go for coverage and depth.
I too... would not dream of using this little puck on wide open spaces...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions