Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice!! Take a deep breath and enjoy!

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks it's on charge.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oooooo......

I see treasure!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your new Minelab water machine purchase - I know you are proud of it and thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I be waiting on
pictures of the treasures you are about to discover.

Texas ED

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Thanks guys, ED I really am looking forward to having a go with this, with the Sea Hunter I knew what was going to happen before I went out, I hope this will give me a few surprises.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For just starting out, this is what I would recommend for settings. Discrimination set at 1, Sensitivity at Auto, Volume all the way up, Threshold at a comfortably low hum, and hunt in Pin Point. Once you hit a target, flip the switch to Discrimination. If the sound then nulls, flip the switch back to PP and move on to the next target. If you still get a sound (even at a different pitch) dig it. Hunting in Disc might sound easier, but, you will notice that the threshold pitch will change with every target (both real and false targets) which can be annoying for many. Also, you give up at least 2" in depth hunting in Disc. Just be easy on the knobs, as the factory ones are junk. If you break any, get some good aftermarket ones with set screws and a slightly protruding pointer. The knobs are pretty stiff to turn, so, take note on which way they turn and don't turn them too fast or with too much force. You don't want to break the switch. Once you get over 100 hours in it, you can experiment with other settings to optimize it's use. Once it's out of warranty, I recommend a straight shaft with pod relocation or hip mount, bigger coil (if you have big, wide open beaches and/or not hunting predominantly under water), and the pin point modification where the switch is relocated to the handle. Then you'll join the rest of use wondering why they didn't come that way from the factory! :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
For just starting out, this is what I would recommend for settings. Discrimination set at 1, Sensitivity at Auto, Volume all the way up, Threshold at a comfortably low hum, and hunt in Pin Point. Once you hit a target, flip the switch to Discrimination. If the sound then nulls, flip the switch back to PP and move on to the next target. If you still get a sound (even at a different pitch) dig it. Hunting in Disc might sound easier, but, you will notice that the threshold pitch will change with every target (both real and false targets) which can be annoying for many. Also, you give up at least 2" in depth hunting in Disc. Just be easy on the knobs, as the factory ones are junk. If you break any, get some good aftermarket ones with set screws and a slightly protruding pointer. The knobs are pretty stiff to turn, so, take note on which way they turn and don't turn them too fast or with too much force. You don't want to break the switch. Once you get over 100 hours in it, you can experiment with other settings to optimize it's use. Once it's out of warranty, I recommend a straight shaft with pod relocation or hip mount, bigger coil (if you have big, wide open beaches and/or not hunting predominantly under water), and the pin point modification where the switch is relocated to the handle. Then you'll join the rest of use wondering why they didn't come that way from the factory! :icon_scratch:
Great info and it makes perfect sense thank you.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Nice new heater there. It will serve you well. I would like to recommend 2 things. A straight shaft [plugger or anderson] and a knob guard. It is just two things that are needed. You can do other stuff like aftermarket knobs too...which in actuality are worth it too. If I got a new one I would be looking for that stuff next. If you live near a dive shop, pick up silicone spray and use that on the rubber once a week. Will keep it lasting long. -Joe

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Ahhh, now doesn't that bring back a good memory!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is being shipped as we speak, congrats to you.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Nice new heater there. It will serve you well. I would like to recommend 2 things. A straight shaft [plugger or anderson] and a knob guard. It is just two things that are needed. You can do other stuff like aftermarket knobs too...which in actuality are worth it too. If I got a new one I would be looking for that stuff next. If you live near a dive shop, pick up silicone spray and use that on the rubber once a week. Will keep it lasting long. -Joe

Thanks for your suggestions.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also need to get a alkaline battery pod. They come in handy so you can hunt without waiting for the battery to charge. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread