Best shallow water / underwater detector if price is not an issue???

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Hello,

I've had a Minelab Excalibur 800 for a couple of years, and I want to add a second underwater detector to my arsenal and use it on Cape Cod this summer.

If money was not an issue, what is the best underwater detector that money can buy? There seem to be several new entrants into the underwater detector market, and I also LOVE White's detectors and have owned several in the past for land hunting.

Please let me know what underwater detector you think is the best available, and why?

Thanks,

Jim

Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i own the excalibur w/15" wot, if i wanted a backup i go with the same, . i have heard that there a new cz20 coming out by fisher called the cz21 i belive, might want to check about it,

robp

Greenie
Jan 19, 2007
At the present time I would go Excalibur 1000, I have had mine for a couple of years now and do beaches in UK and abroad, quite frankly there is nothing to beat it and the backup from Minelab is second to none.

Went down to the local beach yesterday put on the wetsuit as beach finds were scarce, wading chest deep and after 3 hours: 1 9ct gold ladies ring, 2 silver bracelets, £3 in coinage and a complete set of keys to a holiday cottage, owners were pretty keen to have them back as they were lost over 2 months ago.

Good luck and as Sandman says ''too many beaches so little time''

Rob

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
If there's no black sand where you hunt I don't think there's a better detector than the Aquasound! I had an Excalibur which is a great machine, but it doesn't come close to my Aquasound. Just my opinion.

HH 8) surfrat

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Surfrat where did you get your Aquasound? I can't seem to find any info on a maker. Are they hand made? Thanks Mike.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Mike Silver -gold said:
Surfrat where did you get your Aquasound? I can't seem to find any info on a maker. Are they hand made? Thanks Mike.

Sent you a PM.

P.S. The Bulgarian, who also posts here also uses the Aquasound.

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread