HUGE Thank you to Rusty at Tesoro!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say just how pleased I have been with the customer service from Tesoro. I purchased a Tesoro Silver Umax about 4 years ago. It was for my parents to use on an annual beach vacation while I use my Excalibur. My parents love it and always had a blast detecting in the mornings while I was in the water with my Excal. On our most recent trip, something went wrong with it and it just emitted a steady beeeeeeep. Knowing that I had a lifetime warranty that I registered when I bought it, I sent it in to Tesoro for repair. After about a week I called just to be sure they received it and to see where they were at in the repair process. At this point I had the pleasure of speaking with Rusty who spent a great deal of time explaining the process of repair that Tesoro uses to repair the machines. He assured me he would go check on my unit and that if I didn't hear back from him that all was well and I would have it back shortly. Great! Well about 20 minutes later I get a call from Rusty again. He explained my unit had a faulty capacitor and was being repaired along with the coil being "tuned up" while they were at it. He said it would be a couple more days and would be shipped back to me free of charge with all repairs complete and one final test by him personally! I could tell that he genuinely cared and metal detecting is obviously a passion for him as well. About a week later I received my unit back with a repair detail as well as a personal note from Rusty. I must say what a class act and stand up company!! I will always remember my experience and look forward to being a Tesoro customer again in the future. Anyone who is considering a Tesoro, let me just say they will stand behind it for LIFE! No other detector company I know of will do this for you. I must also say as a dry sand beach detector that is easy to use, no frills, and gets the job done, the Silver Umax is a great machine!!

Thank you Rusty!
Aaron in Florida

Upvote 0

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I too have dealt with Rusty on my Sand Shark. Tesoro really does a excellent job on service and as you said for LIFE of your unit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread