Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's time get some new beach boots, my old water shoes have had enough fun.8-)
:icon_scratch:I have narrowed it down to two.
Both are the same price ( within 50 cents).
Anyone ever have used both brands? Do either one have drain hole to let water out? (I really don't want drain holes, I almost never go deeper than angle deep).
My last water sneakers only lasted 2 years. How well have your's lasted?

Seac 6mm Super-Stretch Zippered Hard Sole Dive Boots
seac1.jpg seac sole.jpg

Mares Trilastic 5mm Sneaker Sole Dive Boot

mares.jpg

Upvote 0

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both are considered very good brands, and I think it would come down to comfort for me. Dive boots (I don't think) ever have drain holes. Of the 2 pairs you have pictured, the SEAC will be warmer, but I think I prefer the look of the Mares.

I realized last night that I need dive boots, and not just 'water shoes' or similar. I just bought a wet suit, and that worked great, but my feet were cold last night!

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are considered very good brands, and I think it would come down to comfort for me. Dive boots (I don't think) ever have drain holes. Of the 2 pairs you have pictured, the SEAC will be warmer, but I think I prefer the look of the Mares.

I realized last night that I need dive boots, and not just 'water shoes' or similar. I just bought a wet suit, and that worked great, but my feet were cold last night!

Yep, the bad thing about water shoes are that they get filled up with sand and wear out faster.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The fact they are hard sole is a Big Plus!! The only thing I buy..

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With some of the stuff I come across on the tourist beaches these days ya really need a thick sole.

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
The first pair of boots look like they have a more rugged sole, my last pair of boots had soles like Van's skate board shoes, they didn't last 1 year. Good luck.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Mares and love them. You can walk almost anywhere with those hard soles.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you can find a pair locally, go and try them on before buying a pair. Comfort is a must for your feet. I liked the flexible soles to the more ridged ones, a personal preference.
I also wear a pair of heavy socks and pull the tops down over the bootie to keep the sand out.
Some wear an elastic knee supports over the top of the booties to keep the sand out, I prefer to wear socks.
I have enjoyed the Deep-See brand for years and own both the short and tall booties. The short ones let much more sand into the bootie, but are lighter to pack and dry faster.

depwraith

Jan 10, 2017
Pinellas Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and a
Detector Pro Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk,
My buddy has a dive shop on Madeira Beach, Infinite Descent, tell him I sent ya there for some dive boots and he should take care of you.
Jim

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to buy local as the fit seemed to be all over the place for boots. My local dive shop had the mares but not the seac ones. the mares were large, the size 9 fit my foot (10.5).
The I tried the Dreadnought 5mm boots by Pro Mate, they were true to size fit well and did not give me foot pain like the Mares did.
The Mares were $49.95 ($59.99 Amazon) and the Dreadnought were $37.95 ($49.9 Amazon)

drednut boots.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread