Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wanting to get in at this small spot I hit 5 yrs ago - was pounded by lots of Excals in the past - from chest in at lowtide
pretty much silent from 1 foot to surface - all the older finds were made close to 2 ft deep - silver and brass buckles and beach tags
all down deep - all whisper targets in all metal
the lures, sinkers and clad were in the 6 in.to 1ft range
beach is small bowl and gets deep fast - at low - bout 15 yards out you are over your head - bottom is muck and
loaded with clams from silver dollar size to as big as your hand - so its like digging in rocks
I was only able to hunt for a little over 2 hrs because when tide turns and shape of beach - time in deeper water is limited
water temp was around 55 - I was comfortable as heck in my wet suit - never got a chill - hated to get out
getting the bathing cap snaps - brass bathing suit buckles and brass beach tags were great signs of old stuff being there
for anyone new or that don't know - those older brass items are a tell - they stopped using brass for most items such as these
when WW II started - so if youre getting finds like these - you are in a spot that most likely predates the early 40s
and you should slow down and work it hard cause there should be older coins and gold in there too
and I believe theres still some old gold and silver in here - just tough scooping in the muck and clams and area is limited by its shape
its mostly a fishing are now a days - reason for lack of newer junk and newer good stuff - there are a few spots down the road from here
that I believe they may have swam at too - will have to do some more recon

crusty silver - all down real deep - all whisper type signals in all metal - for CZ21 users - some of them went off as low tones till
I fanned down and rechecked until they became mid tones - these were all 1 1/2 ft + down

Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil