Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: All day in the water

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Inverness FL.
    Excal II
    390 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice finds Bart ! Looks like you've got a great spot !
    Blak bart likes this.

nl
    Sep 2017
    Assen
    Xp deus
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    WoW that is a load of targets
    Blak bart likes this.

us
    Prospector

Jun 2008
    Northern Alabama
    Whites
    2080 times
    Now...that's the way to do it! Outstanding!!!

us
    Sep 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Whites DFX
    1095 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow, hell of an effort being out there all day. Congrats!

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4342 times
    Old Gold, New Gold, Any Gold
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That is a lot of digging and long hours..but sure paid off!!

.Effort is Important, But knowing where, when and how to make an effort can make all the difference!

2017 .. Gold Rings 134.........Silvers 176

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    847 times
    Bart, Congrats on the haul and the new spot. Hopefully after the weather and the clean up, you'll be able to get back to it. On that Kershaw knife, keep it clean and lightly lubed and it should work quite well. They take an edge pretty well. 90% of what I carry are the Kershaw Speed-safe series. Note the model number on the blade and keep handy. If you have any problems with the knife, contact KAI/Kershaw support. I had one I got used and the torsion spring for the speed-safe broke. I emailed the support group the model number the problem, my email, address and they contacted me back that they would send one at no cost. Great knives and service. Hope you all are well as you are getting to read this.

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Makro Racer 2 & Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak bart View Post
    Got in the water yesterday at 8:00 am, put in a full day. I got out at noon for about an hour for lunch break, and then went from 1-5. Water has to be high 80s low 90s. Worked both tides at a new spot and never talked to another person all day. Just me in my little underwater world. Saw some fish and made friends with a stray dog. Ahhhhh....peace and quiet and a little underwater meditation. I've never been here before, but I think I got a virgin spot !! Although my jewelry finds wernt the heavy weights, at least there was a steady trickle. There are literally targets every few inches here in some areas. Fanning would often produce multiple targets. Perfect amount of current to keep the sediment from clouding up the spot. Drifting along fanning like mad in the nice clear water, perefect day off.Attachment 1489509 it was busy.
    Attachment 1489510 clad
    Attachment 1489511 fishing lead
    Attachment 1489512 I found some wreckage about halfway down the beach this is lead sheathing from its bottom. There were timbers and lots of encrusted iron objects down deep here, including a rudder blade.Attachment 1489513[ATTACH=CONFIG]1489514[/ATTACHAttachment 1489515
    I found a cone shaped fishing lead from the 30s or 40s and even got a couple silver kennedy dimes in my clad, wich is rare for me. Got a dog tag and some buttons too.Attachment 1489516
    183 coins and 56 fishing leads.Attachment 1489517
    Got 3 silver rings , a white gold heart earring in 14k, a yellow gold aerring in 14k, and part of another gold earring, and some other junk jewelry. Of coarse I had all the bottle caps pull tabs and other junk too. Im happy that I have a new spot. Im gonna slowly clean this spot up and I think there will be some better finds here. All the lead here sits on a clay layer just under the sand and cobble. That being said the gold will show when I get this place cleaned up a bit. Pretty big and forgotten swim beach. At least forgotton by metal detectorists.Attachment 1489520
    Attachment 1489521 Attachment 1489522
    Turquoise and silver was fresh drop, it cleaned up real nice. White gold was marked QG 14k im not sure what QG means. Quality Gold ?? The yellow gold had the tinest 14k mark ive ever seen !! Gonna have to get with my TN buddy and clean this spot up !! Oh ya!! I also got three pocket knives. 2 I was able to salvage. One is a kershaw speed safe assited opener. After careful cleaning this baby is one of the nicest smoothest pocket knives ive ever owned. My new everday carry knife !!
    NICE!

What detector are you swinging?

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links