Need help identifying object tnet

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out this morning for a beach hunt. Got to the beach and it was far more than I expected cuts all over the place sanded in all over the place by the time I left it had completely changed once again. The waves were massive and there were a lot of old green coin's but I found this one random object... green box that I need help identifying. Has anyone seen Or ran into one of the ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506207560.666051.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506207585.402130.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506207599.875567.jpg se before? Only writing is on the backside that says if found please call this number and it has a phone number which I've tried to call but it just gives me a sound similar to a fax line. Any thoughts on what it could possibly be? Seems the little black thing is kind of a button that you can press in and out. Any help or suggestions ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506207400.706492.jpg is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to say flood sensor. When water touches the contacts it emits an alarm sound. My guess! Probably in a sailboat which sank!

Other possibility, a beeper for something like a weather balloon... just an audible locator so when it goes down you can find it.

Last possibility, prototype North Korean EMP bomb. I suggest replacing the batteries at which point it will destroy itself.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that fact it has a Call if Found Number manufactured into it . Not a sticker.
I'm thinking Government or environmental use.
if sold to the public, they would prefer they buy a new one if lost.

000oo.jpg

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be a siren warning speaker from the nuke plant?
I know the ones in Crystal River area, when they went off, sure had me wondering where my friends had hid the iodine pills.
Maybe it's the siren part of a burgler alarm system? :dontknow:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emergency call box or Intercom??

RT1096-2.jpg

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the number makes a sound like a fax machine....send them a fax. :dontknow:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Figure out how many volts those batteries produce, power it up and push the button.

OP
OP
1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Figure out how many volts those batteries produce, power it up and push the button.

They look Like D batterie. I think I will probably try to swap them out and see what happens when I do hit that button. No harm no foul I guess lol

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well..based on the o-ring for watertight integrity, the multiple power cells, sealed cone speaker and pcb board with reset switch...I would have to say it's a bilge alarm.

JMO

ag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions