slow grid at the river

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was blessed to be able to hit the river last Wednesday and I always want to rush since I don't have much time. Forced myself to do a slow grid and found these items. The 10K cross is BJM or Boston Jewelry Manufacturing, four bladed knife with 1 broken blade and first serviceable knife I've ever found. 2- 4 oz fishing weights and two pieces of lead, bullets and clad. Found plenty of bottle caps, pull tabs and other junk but didn't feel like wasting time posting those as we all find them. Didn't weigh the cross but it won't weigh much. Stainless steel ring had no markings at all, but sounded like gold when I first found it. The little band of metal has some markings on it, but didn't have time to see what they were.
slow grid at the river 001 (Custom).jpg slow grid at the river 002 (Custom).jpg slow grid at the river 003 (Custom).jpg slow grid at the river 004 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water hunting is always a good time. Congrats on the finds.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Water hunting is better on these old bones than land hunting.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome variety of finds there. I am sure there is more good stuff to be found. Seeing these types of finds reassures me in my recent decision to have bought a land/water machine. I live fairly close to a lot of small rivers that are populated heavy with canoes, (most operated by drunks :laughing7:) in the summer. Next year i am going to hunt these areas like a bloodhound. In the interim, I will be on land only, learning my new machine until old man winter arrives. Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boat landings, docks and swim areas yield some nice finds.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's incredible the amount of stuff in the water. Wish there was some nice creeks close to me.
Congratulations on the cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread