Took the Excal for a swim at local lake intresting finds and a good deed done.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Went to the local lake swimming area this afternoon. Was doing OK few silver targets and a couple junk rings when i get a tap on the shoulder from behind. I turn around to see a beautiful blond gal in here 20's about to cry. She explains to me that she has just lost her grand fathers ring. I ask her what it looks like and she explains it is a silver spoon ring made from here grandfathers baby spoon and she lost it right over there.
I follow here over and five minutes and two scoops later I look in my scoop and see the ring. Turn the scoop around where she can see in and say is this it. She grabs the ring and then grabs me with a hug that almost sends us both swimming. Get a warm thank you and she grins from ear to ear and is off. Start detecting again and ten feet away I get two buffalo nickels and a v nickel. Some one must have been in dad's coin collection.
Finding a $8 spoon ring and returning it easy. The hug I got and the smile on that pretty gals face priceless.

Attachments

• P8190002.JPG
    P8190002.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Some rewards cannot be bought and paid for.

Nice finds, I plan on getting a water machine next spring if I can save up some $$$.

Good story too.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Great story and excellent finds...the nickles had to have been a shock!.....joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deeds like this do indeed pay off. She will aways remember you.

Some days it is worth it to just detect a little longer, nice finds.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
call it "grandpa" karma "' find his ring "-- and some of the coins he most likely lost too - ;D

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Re: Took the Excal for a swim at local lake intresting finds and a good deed don

Thanks guys will try to hit this spot again this weekend.

wailinmacs

Jun 19, 2007
Boca de Ratones
Detector(s) used
excalibur
i believe in karma. if theres something to dowsing and psychic hunting.then karma could be in there . also beginners luck, theres something to it. in gambling, beginners luck is a bad thing it happens often and gets people hooked to loose it all. anyway looks like the lake hunters have it sweeter than the beach hunters. what do you all think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread