Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: FISHER AQUAMANTA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5863 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I would presume that is why Le Jag and others are using the prototypes out in the field......to give Fisher some feedback on how they work and what they find. If not, I would be happy to fill that need!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    492 times
    LE JAG is part of the development team - he has been the chief field tester since early in the Manta program.

When pre-production test units are built, they will no doubt be tested by “3rd parties” chosen by the folks at Fisher responsible for running the test program. Those folks will carry out a pre-defined test protocol and report their results on an on-going basis to Fisher. At the conclusion of the testing the test units are typically returned to the factory and I suspect destroyed. The testers operate under a non-disclosure agreement. These typically require permanent non-disclosure of details of the testing and results.

When production hardware is ready for release, so-called “marketing test” units are often sent to folks who are referred to as “content creators”. This testing usually expects that the results will be largely favorable and is publicly available in the form of the “content” which these folks create.

Charter Member
    us
    Scott

Mar 2013
    huntington beach ca
    white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21
    133 times
    Has anybody got a clue as to what this thing is going to cost? Even a guess?

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    492 times
    Existing water machines like the CZ21 and Excalibur prices might be a guide here. Until the final build version is done and Fisher knows what their cost is, I doubt that even they know what it will be priced at.

us
    D. Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Blue Xcals and CTX
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Well it seems NASA Tom has a target cost for his new machine around $1600.... and he appears to be a part of both machines. So i expect the Manta to be within that window as well. BS,... ive not dug a lot of light weight targets at 20"..... i always blink at that depth, because not a lot of machines can see those targets that deep so i dont even know whats down there. But what i do know is ..... everything VLFs dont find .. and ALL those targets will be seen by a PI so ya best have some way of disc them. If not...... here we got an even deeper PI ... and i dig enough trash ..... and a reason i dont own a PI anymore.
    bigscoop and toddbbq like this.
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post
    Well it seems NASA Tom has a target cost for his new machine around $1600.... and he appears to be a part of both machines. So i expect the Manta to be within that window as well. BS,... ive not dug a lot of light weight targets at 20"..... i always blink at that depth, because not a lot of machines can see those targets that deep so i dont even know whats down there. But what i do know is ..... everything VLFs dont find .. and ALL those targets will be seen by a PI so ya best have some way of disc them. If not...... here we got an even deeper PI ... and i dig enough trash ..... and a reason i dont own a PI anymore.
    Dew, this is why I've optimized my Excal for disc mode, and why I now hunt in that mode with the stock 8" coil most of the time these days, dig 3-4 of those really deep targets in a row and I'm worn out. At least with the small coil I can keep getting the coil closer to the target and I can often determine if the target is worth pursuing before I've dug the entire crater... It's slower hunting, for sure, but I don't miss much anymore, even when it comes to the deep stuff. When it comes to gold jewelry the only thing one can do is to separate the iron, beyond that gold can identify almost anywhere. So, right you are. Another deep PI really isn't going to help much.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    D. Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Blue Xcals and CTX
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    BUT...... until we see the machine in action we really dont know IF or how we can get some disc. If its very hit and miss ..... then this machine will be a good winter machine for me......and who dont need a PI as deep as one Eric Foster made? How many LOOK for those babies now and give high dollars? Right now ...... what would you call .... HAVING AN EDGE out there? Do you want more depth........ better ID on gold from say pull tabs....... smaller gold than we now get........or would disc AND PI go together? Right now..... IMO with VLFs once they hit the water all things are equal. So ....working on a disc PI seems like a great edge since it works differently and isnt affected nearly as bad by minerals like black sand. Disc ..... thats the thing missing from a PI that keeps most people from using them. Lets face it we arent going to be a machine that IDs gold only.
    lookindown likes this.
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8589 times
    Get you a bag of black sand, just as in the video, place an 18k man's band under that bag. Now in disc mode, settle your excal coil over that bag and allow the machine time to null and then reset. Now swing the coil in short tight passes. You'll read that 18k ring. The advantage that Aquamanta will have is the faster target ID but this comes at a cost. Notice in the video that once the black sand was introduced that the return on the ring became noticeably weaker. Also take note that in the video the Sovereign still clipped on the target, this is when the user has to do as I just noted above in order to isolate the source and gain a full return. This is how I get much of my deeper/masked gold with the Excal while in Disc mode. So for me, anyway, and in the regions I typically hunt, this including the easy coast of Florida, I don't see an advantage because I can still utilize both modes to achieve both depth and pretty reliable ID, especially as the coil continues to get closer to the potential target.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    492 times
    Bigscoop - you posted a couple of comments related to the video I posted of the Manta test on the French beach - Hardelot. (your text is quoted below in italics and between quotation marks)

"Get you a bag of black sand, just as in the video, place an 18k man's band under that bag. Now in disc mode, settle your excal coil over that bag and allow the machine time to null and then reset. Now swing the coil in short tight passes. You'll read that 18k ring. ?"

I don't see how that works in actual hunting - you won't hear the sand or the ring - how can you then know to stop and wait for the ML machine to "reset"

I did notice at 4:20 on the video that the Sovereign gave a broken tone when swept over the black sand covering the ring - is that what would get you to stop, hover, reset and then ID the ring?

On the other hand, the CTX at 5:54 on the video - gives not a peep when sweeping the ring covered by the bag of black sand. Again how would the operator know to stop and do your reset technique?

"The advantage that Aquamanta will have is the faster target ID but this comes at a cost. Notice in the video that once the black sand was introduced that the return on the ring became noticeably weaker."

I don't know what part of the video shows the reduced signal you talk about - perhaps you could say where in the timeline you noticed that? I suggest to check out the following points in the video...at 2:22 you get the signal from the ring under crossed nails - at 2:33 you get the bag of black sand laid on the ring (still under the crossed nails) - the resulting signal sounds the same volume to me. Again at 7:50 the ring is put under BOTH bags of sand - compare that signal to the signal at 8:32 when the ring is swept without the bags of sand - same sound volume - and notice that the coil height is about the same.

I have made a version of the video with my comments in English. I will check if I can link to it - since the video isn't mine.
    Last edited by Rick K; Oct 10, 2018 at 06:17 PM.
    fdutra likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8589 times
    Rick, I'm not an engineer, just someone who spent an entire year on Florida's easy coast trying to learn every little nuance relating to the Excal as I could. What you're going to see in this video is something I learned during that year and it has served me very well ever since. Per example, I recently hunted a spring fed creek that was so saturated with iron that my machine never left a state a null, and yet, because it never left a state a of null I was still able to get good returns on a wide variety of targets at multiple depths, even masked targets. The "clipping" I was referring to is something else I've become very efficient at distinguishing, the wide range of the Excals audible returns allowing for this, those leading and fading edges of those broken/clipped returns telling me quite a bit about what's under my coil. Here's that video; (The Machine Does Not have to be in auto sensitivity, as wrongly stated in the video.)
    Last edited by bigscoop; Oct 10, 2018 at 10:00 PM.
    fdutra likes this.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    492 times
    Thanks - I'll study it.

us

Jun 2010
    8589 times
    Rick, if I ever figure it out, and have the time, I want to put an external jack in my headphones to the mic in my camera so I can do live hunts so folks can hear everything exactly as I'm hearing it. Would make things much easier for me to explain. The video I posted here is rather generic VS the points that it's attempting to present but without this other capability it was about the best I could do.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4866 times
    107 Gold rings, 237 Silver FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Rick, if I ever figure it out, and have the time, I want to put an external jack in my headphones to the mic in my camera so I can do live hunts so folks can hear everything exactly as I'm hearing it. Would make things much easier for me to explain. The video I posted here is rather generic VS the points that it's attempting to present but without this other capability it was about the best I could do.
    I'll have to send you pics of my setup, full audio. The cam is mount to the ear cup, the piezo's vibrate, the cam picks it up. Been doing it like this for 10 years now..Yesterday...

DJWEHAGE and fdutra like this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

Sep 2015
    1 times
    Rick,,, Had the same questions you have above when reading Bigscoop's description of his wiggle technique, but after viewing his video and hearing the phrase "auto sensitivity is important". I now realize (if correct in my thinking?), that he is describing a technique which I never thought about, and am anxious to try around the swing sets and virtual carpet of iron that keeps my excal in a constant state of null in some shallow water places I've hunted. I think what he's actually doing is something like ground balancing the iron out in a specific area, and then zooming in on a good target that would otherwise have been masked. I do the same wiggle with iffy targets in iron rich sites in disc without the benefit of blanking out the background noise.
    This is another aspect altogether than what I am hoping the Manta will be able to do for me. I often hunt in pinpoint/disc mode like in OBN's video above, and I think also like him, am running hot and looking for the fainter, smaller, round, deep targets that disc mode will not pick out at all until a scoop or two is removed. This depth (for me) is equal to or deeper than my PI Dual Field, which (for me) is not suitable for the iron rich shallow water environment or digging blindly out in the deeper water. What I want is more depth than the excal, and discrimination that works to some degree on shallower targets, while being able to read the target and pinpoint with a high degree of accuracy. Two to four inches deeper won't really be that much harder to dig than I'm doing now with a good big scoop and the ability to abandon the hole if it goes south (disc) after a scoop or two,,, pretty sure it will be worth the effort. Thanks all for the thought provoking input,,, we shall see.
    cudamark likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5863 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    That's what I'm hoping it will do too. Deeper, faster, stable, and a high degree of accuracy in identifying iron. All non-ferrous would be dug anyway, just like it is with my Excal now.
    fdutra likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links