he can take an alliance 18k of 1/3 gr under iron nails
and above all he is able to cross the volcanic sand to take the gold

a video that dates a little / but shows the possibility of the machine
which has evolved a lot since

in French :-*

it will be followed by a special Terramanta nugget

then / two others using Bipolar technology
which consists of alternating positive and negative pulses

easy to say on paper / but nobody had ever succeeded before Alexandre ...
the positive pulse magnetizes the ground and lightning the target
the negative pulse demagnetizes the ground = and removes the effect of ground !!!

and much more is planned later

I test the latest Aquamanta Fisher electronic map
and I've never had anything so deep and sensitive about gold

not : the box on the video and the photos
just there / to test the cards
the final product will have a modern / lightweight design and well balance...

pre-series launch / if all goes well /
in the next three months

better than all my pulsepowers
and I owned 9 ....

some finds on my last tides

1000     4.2 GR.JPG

Attachments

• 1001.JPG
    1001.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 1003.JPG
    1003.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 1002.JPG
    1002.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it seems NASA Tom has a target cost for his new machine around $1600.... and he appears to be a part of both machines. So i expect the Manta to be within that window as well. BS,... ive not dug a lot of light weight targets at 20"..... i always blink at that depth, because not a lot of machines can see those targets that deep so i dont even know whats down there. But what i do know is ..... everything VLFs dont find .. and ALL those targets will be seen by a PI so ya best have some way of disc them. If not...... here we got an even deeper PI ... and i dig enough trash ..... and a reason i dont own a PI anymore.

Dew, this is why I've optimized my Excal for disc mode, and why I now hunt in that mode with the stock 8" coil most of the time these days, dig 3-4 of those really deep targets in a row and I'm worn out. At least with the small coil I can keep getting the coil closer to the target and I can often determine if the target is worth pursuing before I've dug the entire crater...:laughing7: It's slower hunting, for sure, but I don't miss much anymore, even when it comes to the deep stuff. When it comes to gold jewelry the only thing one can do is to separate the iron, beyond that gold can identify almost anywhere. So, right you are. Another deep PI really isn't going to help much.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT...... until we see the machine in action we really dont know IF or how we can get some disc. If its very hit and miss ..... then this machine will be a good winter machine for me......and who dont need a PI as deep as one Eric Foster made? How many LOOK for those babies now and give high dollars? Right now ...... what would you call .... HAVING AN EDGE out there? Do you want more depth........ better ID on gold from say pull tabs....... smaller gold than we now get........or would disc AND PI go together? Right now..... IMO with VLFs once they hit the water all things are equal. So ....working on a disc PI seems like a great edge since it works differently and isnt affected nearly as bad by minerals like black sand. Disc ..... thats the thing missing from a PI that keeps most people from using them. Lets face it we arent going to be a machine that IDs gold only.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get you a bag of black sand, just as in the video, place an 18k man's band under that bag. Now in disc mode, settle your excal coil over that bag and allow the machine time to null and then reset. Now swing the coil in short tight passes. You'll read that 18k ring. The advantage that Aquamanta will have is the faster target ID but this comes at a cost. Notice in the video that once the black sand was introduced that the return on the ring became noticeably weaker. Also take note that in the video the Sovereign still clipped on the target, this is when the user has to do as I just noted above in order to isolate the source and gain a full return. This is how I get much of my deeper/masked gold with the Excal while in Disc mode. So for me, anyway, and in the regions I typically hunt, this including the easy coast of Florida, I don't see an advantage because I can still utilize both modes to achieve both depth and pretty reliable ID, especially as the coil continues to get closer to the potential target.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop - you posted a couple of comments related to the video I posted of the Manta test on the French beach - Hardelot. (your text is quoted below in italics and between quotation marks)

"Get you a bag of black sand, just as in the video, place an 18k man's band under that bag. Now in disc mode, settle your excal coil over that bag and allow the machine time to null and then reset. Now swing the coil in short tight passes. You'll read that 18k ring. ?"

I don't see how that works in actual hunting - you won't hear the sand or the ring - how can you then know to stop and wait for the ML machine to "reset"

I did notice at 4:20 on the video that the Sovereign gave a broken tone when swept over the black sand covering the ring - is that what would get you to stop, hover, reset and then ID the ring?

On the other hand, the CTX at 5:54 on the video - gives not a peep when sweeping the ring covered by the bag of black sand. Again how would the operator know to stop and do your reset technique?

"The advantage that Aquamanta will have is the faster target ID but this comes at a cost. Notice in the video that once the black sand was introduced that the return on the ring became noticeably weaker."

I don't know what part of the video shows the reduced signal you talk about - perhaps you could say where in the timeline you noticed that? I suggest to check out the following points in the video...at 2:22 you get the signal from the ring under crossed nails - at 2:33 you get the bag of black sand laid on the ring (still under the crossed nails) - the resulting signal sounds the same volume to me. Again at 7:50 the ring is put under BOTH bags of sand - compare that signal to the signal at 8:32 when the ring is swept without the bags of sand - same sound volume - and notice that the coil height is about the same.

I have made a version of the video with my comments in English. I will check if I can link to it - since the video isn't mine.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick, I'm not an engineer, just someone who spent an entire year on Florida's easy coast trying to learn every little nuance relating to the Excal as I could. What you're going to see in this video is something I learned during that year and it has served me very well ever since. Per example, I recently hunted a spring fed creek that was so saturated with iron that my machine never left a state a null, and yet, because it never left a state a of null I was still able to get good returns on a wide variety of targets at multiple depths, even masked targets. The "clipping" I was referring to is something else I've become very efficient at distinguishing, the wide range of the Excals audible returns allowing for this, those leading and fading edges of those broken/clipped returns telling me quite a bit about what's under my coil. Here's that video; (The Machine Does Not have to be in auto sensitivity, as wrongly stated in the video.)

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick, if I ever figure it out, and have the time, I want to put an external jack in my headphones to the mic in my camera so I can do live hunts so folks can hear everything exactly as I'm hearing it. Would make things much easier for me to explain. The video I posted here is rather generic VS the points that it's attempting to present but without this other capability it was about the best I could do.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Rick, if I ever figure it out, and have the time, I want to put an external jack in my headphones to the mic in my camera so I can do live hunts so folks can hear everything exactly as I'm hearing it. Would make things much easier for me to explain. The video I posted here is rather generic VS the points that it's attempting to present but without this other capability it was about the best I could do.

I'll have to send you pics of my setup, full audio. The cam is mount to the ear cup, the piezo's vibrate, the cam picks it up. Been doing it like this for 10 years now..Yesterday...

fdutra

Sep 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick,,, Had the same questions you have above when reading Bigscoop's description of his wiggle technique, but after viewing his video and hearing the phrase "auto sensitivity is important". I now realize (if correct in my thinking?), that he is describing a technique which I never thought about, and am anxious to try around the swing sets and virtual carpet of iron that keeps my excal in a constant state of null in some shallow water places I've hunted. I think what he's actually doing is something like ground balancing the iron out in a specific area, and then zooming in on a good target that would otherwise have been masked. I do the same wiggle with iffy targets in iron rich sites in disc without the benefit of blanking out the background noise.
This is another aspect altogether than what I am hoping the Manta will be able to do for me. I often hunt in pinpoint/disc mode like in OBN's video above, and I think also like him, am running hot and looking for the fainter, smaller, round, deep targets that disc mode will not pick out at all until a scoop or two is removed. This depth (for me) is equal to or deeper than my PI Dual Field, which (for me) is not suitable for the iron rich shallow water environment or digging blindly out in the deeper water. What I want is more depth than the excal, and discrimination that works to some degree on shallower targets, while being able to read the target and pinpoint with a high degree of accuracy. Two to four inches deeper won't really be that much harder to dig than I'm doing now with a good big scoop and the ability to abandon the hole if it goes south (disc) after a scoop or two,,, pretty sure it will be worth the effort. Thanks all for the thought provoking input,,, we shall see.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm hoping it will do too. Deeper, faster, stable, and a high degree of accuracy in identifying iron. All non-ferrous would be dug anyway, just like it is with my Excal now.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Manta" will not be a "Tesoro Compadre" for the beach. It has numerous controls - they have to be set correctly to match the conditions including likely target and likely trash.

I am beginning to gather data - going back more than 10 years - relating to my fascination with PI detectors and especially Eric Foster's machines. Eric is pretty m much the "godfather" of the Manta. Alexandre chose Eric's approach as the most suitable for his further development of the basic concepts.

The video of the testing at Hardelot beach in France reveals a lot about the Manta's capabilities, but it is far from a how-to for new users whenever the Fisher PI appears. Much more practical information - preferably supplemented by well done video - is needed to prepare new owners for maximizing thir

My current thinking is to do something similar to "The TDI Field Manual" for the new PI. Here's a link to that document.

https://2n8l501nj5nyy72iq1aeel55-wp...-content/uploads/2016/07/tdi_field_manual.pdf

I will do my best to get one of the machines as soon as it is possible to do so. I will then hitch up my travel trailer here in Gold Canyon AZ and head west to San Diego, then north. I will be looking for suitable grounds to wring it out. Especially interesting will be areas with black sand - carpets of nails from bonfires of shipping pallets - other things which I anticipate the new PI will take in its stride - and which may conceal goodies which the "nasties" in the beach have shielded from other hunters.

I don't expect the launch of the Fisher beach PI (whatever they actually decide to name it) will be a circus like we have seen recently from others. My expectation is that it will not be announced before they have the capability to quickly manufacture quantities enough to meet early demand.

I have taken the Hardelot beach test video and added my own captions in English. I am waiting for feed back from the producers of the original video as to whether they will permit me to share it on a forum.

More to come - much more - but - sadly - not yet.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can help you with beach locations here in San Diego. Black sand, nail and "nugget" beaches? We got-em! :laughing7:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you CDM (it’s like those Arab princes - known by their initials)...lol

I am dead serious about my pilgrimage up the lower west coast.

This thing has great potential, but i suspect it’s not for the one week a year at the beach crowd. It speaks to you. No flashing lights, no numbers, just the rhythm of your body in motion, walking, wading, swimming - the coil moving across the ground by your swings - and the music it plays to you...simple tunes - a tone or two.

My uncle Harold was a sonar operator on anti submarine ships in the USN in the “Battle of the Atlantic” in 1943-44. Hunting Nazi subs with his ears and brain. This ain’t anything like that - not heroic with your own life hanging in the balance - but it is a lovely puzzle - you, the target - hidden - the sound, your ears - your mind - I love beach detecting!

OK, bedtime, perhaps that second Martini was a mistake!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT........... the one and only question now is WHEN will Fisher get it out? We have the Nox 15" coil coming, NASA Toms machine, the TDI..... and who knows what other machine may hit the street.... all these can affect sales of a PI.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox with 15” coil - an ugly combination - that will sell a lot of ML’s harnesses. Pretty huge for in the water.

Whites new TDI BH has a fixed large coil which likely floats as buoyantly as my old BHPI’s coil did. The ability of the TDI to hear only one of the two tones has been removed - this thing in GB mode will literally give you and earfull on a trashy beach.

Tom’s machine is still vapor ware. My theory is that it was designed by Dimitar Gargov who designed old Fisher’s last series of detectors - Coinstrike, Goldstrike, ID Edge and Excel. These featured very unconventional characteristics and mystified many of their owners. Among the mysteries, who will build and warranty this and how long will they be around?

Fisher appears to be in no hurry to get this machine into our hands. I guess that they don’t want a mess like the most recent releases from Whites, Garrett and Minelab. They have never promised an early release and I have gotten pretty clear messages that they don't want anybody making it sound like product release is just around the corner.

Beach hunting season is about done for most folks - although the hard core with wetsuits will no doubt continue.

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the OK to share this. It’s the Beach test video for the manta with the addition of English captions (upper left of the screen). It helps keep up with the action - assuming you don’t enderstand LE JAG’s French. That is LE JAG by the way, in the video.

It’s on my Dropbox account, set to share. Just click on the link and it will stream, just like as if it was on YouTube.

If I can get organized to do it, I may edit the video down to short clip demos of various key points of the Manta’s operations - we’ll see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjfb1ah42fyhvmt/10-10-2 Manta Titles.mp4?dl=0

OP
OP
LE.JAG

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

the video filming at Hardelot in 2016
is just for information
the detector is today much more efficient

+ a note on previous discussions
the black sandbags of the video
contain volcanic sand / it's not just black sand

volcanic sand is iron
and other Pi / VLF / BBS detectors
and all you want is not happening on the volcanic..........

--------------

my last hunt, I'm back on the last beach
post above end of september / after a small storm 8 days ago

and I redid a lot of finds in black sand

total for a week and a half on the beach
46 gr of 18k

4    black sand.JPG

5.JPG

10.JPG

9.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is impressive that it can get such a good signal on that buried gold ring with 2 nails on top of it, and then 2 bags of volcanic/black sand over it as well. What other head to head tests have been done against the Manta? Maybe the new Equinox and some of the latest gold machines like the GPZ7000 or the GPX5000? Maybe throw in the SD2300 and ATX too for good measure.

OP
OP
LE.JAG

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is impressive that it can get such a good signal on that buried gold ring with 2 nails on top of it, and then 2 bags of volcanic/black sand over it as well. What other head to head tests have been done against the Manta? Maybe the new Equinox and some of the latest gold machines like the GPZ7000 or the GPX5000? Maybe throw in the SD2300 and ATX too for good measure.

we all have them in the lab
the Pi who not iron rejection
can not pass on the volcanic / impossible for them
bbs and vlf (so equinox) same thing / but this time because the iron is too important

only the tdi in reject mode could follow
but, are iron / gold separation level
is not strong enough / he is very far behind the Fisher aq

the Fisher AQ system is different from other detectors
in terms of gold separation in the iron
no other can follow him

there will be more videos for the launch
and I'm sure the first to have it
will do on their side ....

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the risk of becoming the "LE JAG Whisperer" - I will attempt to "supplement" his post with some words of my own (I taught English as a Foreign Language for a lot of years)!

we all have them in the lab
the Pi who not iron rejection ​- PI detectors which don't have iron rejection
can not pass on the volcanic / impossible for them
bbs and vlf (so equinox) same thing / but this time because the iron is too important -BBS and VLF - including Equinox have the same problem - but this time because the iron signal is too strong -
only the tdi in reject mode could follow
but, are iron / gold separation level ​but the ability to separate iron from gold is insufficient -
is not strong enough / he is very far behind the Fisher aq

the Fisher AQ system is different from other detectors
in terms of gold separation in the iron
no other can follow him

there will be more videos for the launch
and I'm sure the first to have it
will do on their side ....

Start saving - I think your account will take a hit sometime - maybe not soon, but sometime

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions