TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why would you need long gloves? Are you detecting outhouses?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’m guessing if youre not using a full wet or dry suit, chest waders in cold waters when you start to get deep where digging and swinging up to your elbow in ice water, you would need longer gloves. I hope to invest in a full dry suit someday soon.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
You’ll find them under gauntlet gloves on Amazon/fleabay. I use to use a bungee between them to keep them up. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575254172.314502.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Clammer gloves, Gauntlet gloves..I used them in shallow water with waders before I went drysuit. When it's cold anything to keep the hands dry is a worth every penny.... IMG_0191.JPG

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reminds me of a joke i heard, what do you call an amish guy with his arm up a horses butt?

I don’t know! What do you call an Amish guy with his arm up a horses but?

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
My favorite in over 35 years of use are the Ansel-Edmont 9-043 they come in one size -10 but I can put a base layer inside for more warmth. I have also used the BeMac gloves which are less expensive, but I find you get what you pay for when buying this type of glove.

Attachments

• winter top.jpg
    winter top.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 89

djqix

Feb 9, 2019
Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are dry gloves out there with a latex seal around your wrist. You'd still get your arms wet, but your hands would stay dry. They're not cheap though, just went and looked them up. Another downside is you must take proper care of the wrist seal, or it will not last and need to be replaced. That means cleaning after you use them, drying them, then powdering the seal.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was making a glove box in the 80's,........

Called around looking for arm length gloves,.......

I called a vet supply, told the guy what I needed, he asked what I was looking for,..........

I told him, "a good time"

He laughed so hard he couldn't catch his breath.

LOL

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Was wondering if anyone use these gloves for metal detecting
Looking for a good pair 31 in length that actually go to your shoulder Not to your bicep

Stateguyt, I saw this post from December when you asked, but these gloves weren't available back then. They go up to your shoulders, have wider sleeves so you can wear sweatshirts or a medium weight jacket underneath and be able to bend your arm without splitting the seam. The gloves are very heavy rubber with a felt lining that I like because I can wear cotton or fleece gloves underneath to insulate your hand from the rubber gloves, keeps my hands warmer and wicks sweat away. I have nothing to do with the company that makes or sells them but that's me in the video putting them on at the beach. those other gloves you see in the back of the truck are my old ones. I had to repair them the first week I used them using aquaseal because they split. The old ones were sold as commercial fishing gloves and were great for that but not for being submerged constantly in 38 degree water when I wade. I've used the gloves in the video for a good 12 hours of hunting by now and love them. Good luck hope these are what you were looking for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread