Trifecta gold !! 10k 14k 18k !!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Trifecta gold !! 10k 14k 18k !!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    beachcomber, treasure hunter, fisherman

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    Mine lab primary fisher secondary
    36008 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Trifecta gold !! 10k 14k 18k !!

Well when the price of gold is skyrocketing......well even a die hard spanish treasure hunter will take a break from that and go and hit some swim holes for the heavy metals !! Woooo hooo !! I forgot how fun it was to go for the gold drops !! 32 grams... not a bad days work....or hookie from work lol. Cost me a little driving gas and 4 hard boiled eggs and 2 peach teas !! Gotta love the low overhead. Had a wierd thing happen on the way in....as I started to paddle....it felt like i was going along pretty good !! The first boat i passed says " what the hell man...you got a hidden motor in there". The next guy says "dude your almost on plane". I dont know how I was doing it but the combination of wind waves and current + a new paddle had me at aw inspiring speeds with very little effort....at least 5 or 6 kts. A record for me in a kyak it was a quick ride in.
    Got a 10k white and yellow gold band first fanning around in the sand. after an hour or so I got a heavy 18k white and yellow gold band !! I was happy with that but I had only been in the water for a couple hours so it was back in for my 3rd gold !! At this point I'm dragging 4 kids along behind.....all eager to dig and find treasure...they have seen the 2 gold rings on my finger and are just waiting for the next one !! Bottle cap...penny....bottle cap....now they all have masks and are watching and helping some, and there it is in the clean white sand as I fan GOLD TREASURE !! Lol...one of them looks at me with his little freckled face and says....you be making money.....lol !! I said yes I am and then passed it all around for them to see and feel !! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_195157.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	1852475
    I high fived those kids and packed up and left in the yak after a hard boiled egg and a peach tea.....ahhhhhh so sweet !!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_194904.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	1852477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_195107.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1852478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_194920.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	1852479
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_195525.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	1852480
    There was a nice guy from miami who had a pi machine and he said he got a ring on last friday...he was cool... a nice guy with his wife. Another boat gave me a hot dog and checked out the gold !! All in all....a great day at a great office !!
    Last edited by Blak bart; Jul 28, 2020 at 07:57 PM.
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    20640 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Sort of an "Olympic" day!

Congrats!
    "When one loses hope that things will return to normal. It makes it very difficult for them to become so." - WIF

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Patty & Paul

May 2014
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
    34 times
    Great finds. Stay away from the covid.
    Blak bart, Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    36008 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Woo hooo...thanks whadi !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    36008 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Peas View Post
    Great finds. Stay away from the covid.
    I was shocked at how many boats showed up on a weekday.....oh ya...mini season !! I'm gonna stay underwater !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Jul 2013
    1543 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Some gorgeous chunky rings!! I snagged a 10k in the park yesterday but haven’t posted yet. Now I want a boiled egg.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    6048 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Awesome score Bart!!
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    36008 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Some gorgeous chunky rings!! I snagged a 10k in the park yesterday but haven’t posted yet. Now I want a boiled egg.
    Thanks irish....it felt really nice in the water....and the chunky gold felt good in the hand !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    36008 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Awesome score Bart!!
    Ya toe it was great...3 different karat types !! Give geo dog a scooby snack for blak bart !! Wooo hooo !!
    Toecutter, Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.
    wahoo caught in bahamas

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Excaliber II with homemade straight shaft; Equinox 800
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak bart View Post
    Well when the price of gold is skyrocketing......well even a die hard spanish treasure hunter will take a break from that and go and hit some swim holes for the heavy metals !! Woooo hooo !! I forgot how fun it was to go for the gold drops !! 32 grams... not a bad days work....or hookie from work lol. Cost me a little driving gas and 4 hard boiled eggs and 2 peach teas !! Gotta love the low overhead. Had a wierd thing happen on the way in....as I started to paddle....it felt like i was going along pretty good !! The first boat i passed says " what the hell man...you got a hidden motor in there". The next guy says "dude your almost on plane". I dont know how I was doing it but the combination of wind waves and current + a new paddle had me at aw inspiring speeds with very little effort....at least 5 or 6 kts. A record for me in a kyak it was a quick ride in.
    Got a 10k white and yellow gold band first fanning around in the sand. after an hour or so I got a heavy 18k white and yellow gold band !! I was happy with that but I had only been in the water for a couple hours so it was back in for my 3rd gold !! At this point I'm dragging 4 kids along behind.....all eager to dig and find treasure...they have seen the 2 gold rings on my finger and are just waiting for the next one !! Bottle cap...penny....bottle cap....now they all have masks and are watching and helping some, and there it is in the clean white sand as I fan GOLD TREASURE !! Lol...one of them looks at me with his little freckled face and says....you be making money.....lol !! I said yes I am and then passed it all around for them to see and feel !! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_195157.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	1852475
    I high fived those kids and packed up and left in the yak after a hard boiled egg and a peach tea.....ahhhhhh so sweet !!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_194904.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	1852477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_195107.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1852478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_194920.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	1852479
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200728_195525.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	1852480
    There was a nice guy from miami who had a pi machine and he said he got a ring on last friday...he was cool... a nice guy with his wife. Another boat gave me a hot dog and checked out the gold !! All in all....a great day at a great office !!
    what brand scale do you have Bart?
    Blak bart, Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    36008 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Says digiweigh steve. I herd that the water got quite clear up there a couple weeks ago !! ??
    Simon1 and WannaDig3687 like this.
    wahoo caught in bahamas

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" Impulse
    6235 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Those are some Beauties!! Don't get any better then that!! Sweet!!

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    36008 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thanks OBN....Man the way the price of gold is going.....you'll soon be a millionaire in gold ring finds !! Lol !!
    wahoo caught in bahamas

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    25553 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Now that is a major trifecta. Congratulations on what I thought was impossible. This hobby seems to always make me eat my words nothing is impossible and metal detecting

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    56873 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    Those are nice Bart

Hard to believe people don't take off their jewelry before partying on the water. Their loss is your gain, ( Obviously ). Well done Bart.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links