guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had to do it ..... I went out 3 days last week with my new surfmaster PI ,,great MD .. But all I got was a lot can shreds, bottle caps, hair pins and a sore back. I traded for the minelab this morning.It will be here tomorrow.. I'm gonna give a try ,, wish me luck.. guzz1

Upvote 0

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
You should get a lot more feed back from the excal. It has a variable tone ID. Iron will null no more digging that, bottle caps will be pretty easy to get a handle on also. Can shreds can and will still fool you but more than half will be obviously more than coin/ring size and have a pretty raspy sound at the beginning and end of each tone especially when close to the surface. I am basing all of this on tones from my sov gt but they are vary similar machines as far as tones.

Keep in mind things are pretty quite out there as far as "depositors" go and basically no one in the water. There were a few good cuts on lido and siesta the last few days but not much in them but clad and a few junk jewelry items that I came up with. I imagine after the holidays the snow birds will show up in full force and hopefully we will get some weather to strip some of the sand off the beach and things will start looking up.

Don't forget access five on siesta by the terrace condo. Always at least a handful of clad and targets reasonably spread without a overwhelming amount of can slaw to deal with. Perfect place to start to get a handle on the excal.

Here are some excal tones to DL.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,405738,405738#msg-405738

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guzz1,

Congrats on the Excal, your going to love it, I know I love both of mine and my Sov GT. I am still a newbie, but Minelab been very good to me. ;)

Your going to love not digging to China for bobby pins and fish hooks. I am too old to do that, save it for the younger boys......

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the encouragement guys Murph Hope see ya out there one these weekends .. I think I did the right thing by trading , kinda hurt the savings account a bit but only live once .. by the way ,,,I got my stealth scoop today ... what a monster that thing is ..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money isnt lost, its just invested in different investment, I guarantee you will find enough to more then pay for difference between what you paid for it and what you can sell it for couple years down the road, and it want take long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions