Updated,,14k Star of David - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Updated,,14k Star of David

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    trdking Hi thanks again for your time To be truthful I have zero knowledge on gold elements.I had read about using magnets and I tried four different ones where there was no sticking.I now ordered a jewelry scale and called a jewelry shop and they told me to send a picture with the weight..For me I never never would realize that searching for a lost ring that day would take me down this road.On the other hand I see in the news about fires in California I hope you are far away and safe..hoping your next hunt is rewarding.take care...Bill
    Terry Soloman likes this.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    AARC Thanks again for asking..So far my wife ordered a jewelry scale for me and hopefully it should arrive shortly..I also called a jewelry store they said to take a picture with the weight and they will give me a ballpark estimate.Its so so amazing for me as I never never thought by searching for a friends lost ring and finding this that I would be here..this is what makes this hobby so exciting..take care and hope your next hunt is rewarding
    AARC likes this.

us
    Apr 2011
    Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
    160 times
    It looks like the ring that the chain goes through was soldered on. In the back you can see the solder,
    in the front it looks like it was soldered on then carved to look like the rest of the pendent edge. The star must also be soldered to the back piece.
    To do this it would have to be all gold or silver, plated with gold.
    Seeing this and the stamp I would say its the real deal, I have found 14k in fresh water in much worse condition than yours.
    billb and AARC like this.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Jim In MA,,thanks for the feedback and the privilege of your time,,Going forward I have to figure out how to have a jeweler check this as I have to be extremely cautious these days who I interact with,,Take care and hope your next hunt is also rewarding

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    WannaDig3687...thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time,,For me I just enjoy getting out and if I can only come home with more than I left with is rewarding,I hope your next hunt brings you joy..

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Louie D. Hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege also of your time,,I have to better educate myself on gold elements and doing some initial testing is a lot of fun, On the other hand I want to really salute you for your service to our country...Take care

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Gene Mean. Hi thanks for stopping and also for your privilege of your time,,this hunt was a good one for me,,and its truly rewarding for me to share it with everyone here,,take care

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Terry Soloman. Thanks again for stopping..For me this a recipe in the art of gold elements true or false,very very interesting topic,what I want this to end with is that it’s simply a Win Win for all,,Take care

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    38785 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-Coat View Post
    Hi Bill. This isn't at your door, but it's a salutory lesson in not taking as gospel everything touted on the internet... or at least double-checking things with a second or third source. As I said, it's them that should be ashamed for providing this misinformation... not you for being misled into believing it!

There's some additional nonsense quoted there too, such as "fake gold will be attracted to a magnet". What rubbish!
    It all depends on the system that one uses to separate the non-ferrous and PMs for the stream.
    Even yrs ago I was amazed at the capabilities of the Eddy Current separators used in the separation process of electronic recycling.
    https://www.goudsmitmagnets.com/solu...eddyfines.html
    Never under estimate the power of Neodymium magnets.
    billb likes this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches. pepperj

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    pepperj Hi thanks for your kind words advising me on this piece there is so so many things that I have to learn about the art of gold elements..Good news I called my jeweler today and he said to bring the star over to his store..I opened the car trunk for him he came out and brought it in for testing ..as I stayed sitting in the car..He later came out placed it back in the trunk and said it is 14k and he said if he was selling it that he would let go for $200..Try to get out and I hope your next hunt is also rewarding...

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    AARC. Hi called a jeweler this morning I drove over to the store opened my car trunk he came out and took it in for testing as I waited in the car.He later came out and said it is 14k.. weighs 1.81 ...and if it was his he would sell it for $200.. good news thanks again for helping
    Jim in MA and AARC like this.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Irishgoldhound,,Hi my wife got me a scale for Christmas,its a nice one from Home science it has a four inch square base for measuring,,its weight is 1.81 g,
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

Jul 2013
    1843 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by billb View Post
    Irishgoldhound,,Hi my wife got me a scale for Christmas,its a nice one from Home science it has a four inch square base for measuring,,its weight is 1.81 g,
    Awesome! Now your set to ring in the new year!!
    billb likes this.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Irishgoldhound. Hi I agree. I have always thought about what you have told me as I have never never ever heard that being said before,,(yes you are bang on) it is so true
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    NC Digger thanks so much for stopping and also for the privilege of your time ,,yes my wife is extremely cautious these days on where I travel to due this crisis,there is people at work,friends,that now have this,Happy to say it cleaned up,and a jewelry store looked at it and agreed 14k,,,,HH

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links