guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That would be a good ??? for Sandman He owns a tigershark ,he would Know and very willing to answer your ???,,, Guzz1

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Velcro Cable Ties for everything. I keep them in my equipment bag. They work well in water and can be reused. I bought mine at Home Depot. They come in rolls of 50 and are reuseable. I bought two packs, black and grey. They cost about 5.50 per pack. I bought mine about a year ago and still have about half a roll each left. You can link them together for larger projects or cut them down with scissors for smaller project. You can use them to secure your coil wire to your shaft also. They come in handy.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try some silicone. I wouldn't over do it just enough to keep it on but not enough for you to take off when you Had too.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try. using 100% acrylic caulking. Just the lip. Use a wet finger an wet rag. Nice an clean.

OP
OP
jsu

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
I was trying to keep my scuff cover on without gluing it. I was going to get some velcro and stick one side of the velcro on the bottom of my coil and the other side on the top of my coil (scuff) cover.I did not know if that would add too much space bettween the coil and the cover and lose depth.If anybody has tried this please let me know.Thank you all for your help.jeff

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
I use liquid nails sealant, Its a clear all purpose sealant.

I have it on three detectors and both my Excaliburs i use in water. It has worked great no sand getting in the coil.

Purchased at walmart.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Use the caulk or a staysoft glue like "Goop". Use four little dots on the edge of coil only. COTTON has a good method also. Joe

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on my GTA 1000 solid coil . i took plastic electricians tape and went once around the edge of the coil, then pushed the scuff cover on. That was enough to keep it on and made it so i could take it off when need be. been that way now for 5 years

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Try sand, Let it filter into the cracks of the coil cover and it will not come off til you make it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread