Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nutall Diamond head scoop

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2006
    Wisconsin

Nutall Diamond head scoop

Just wondering if this scoop is good....or really good Thinking about buying one, but would like to hear from some of you that dig with one....

Dream
    Minelab Explorer II

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2165 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Nutall Diamond head scoop

I don't have one, but use the Sunspot. However I think the Diamond Head is a great scoop for the surf because of the covering over the top. I had a top welded on the Sunspot basket to help keep the target from being washed out by a wave. I have been thinking of getting one myself.
    gcmsdan likes this.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

TreasurdiggrNY

I have one and I love it, in the surf at the beach you can drop it right down to where you want to dig without the current flopping it around, I'm in NY and hunt here and in NJ. I tried a good size aluminum scoop at the beach and it flopped around from the wave action, I wanted to flop it around a tree. Stainless Steel will last a really long time for sure. It's well balanced. It will cut thru gravel, shells and hard bottom like butter.
    Good Luck!
    Glenn
    gcmsdan likes this.

us
    Jan 2008
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I can say it looks great sitting in my closet, and when I get my ex cal. back from Minelab I'll let you know
    <br />http://www.greyareagraphics.com

Nov 2006

Hey Dreamweaver

This is my second season with the Diamond Head, it's "really good" !

I have two. You no doubt have read most the posts or soon will, all I can recommend is

Pull the Trigger!

us
    Nov 2007
    SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA
    Garrett AT PRO
    5 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

I just got mine last week you can see what I pulled out with it today on my post ( positive thinking big silver) . I think there a great scoop.. fiberglass handle is the ticket ... Guzz1

us
    Apr 2008
    10 times

I have one for sale. Its a great scoop the only thing is i think the handle is to short .Another 8 to 12 in it would be perfect. Or im to tall.

us
    Nov 2007
    SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA
    Garrett AT PRO
    5 times

Good  point   Cotton ,, I  too  think  the  Handle  could  be  extended ,Im short  so  the  handle issue  isn't  so  much of  an issue  for   me .  As far  as  the  basket  design its Great  .Weight  is  perfect .. It  would  nice  if  Travis  could  give  you  an option when  ordering to  opt  for and  extended  handle. He's   a  great  guy . I'm sure  he  would  be  open for  suggestions from the  guys  and  gals   who  a in the  field using  his   scoop,, Bottom  line..   I'm very  happy  with  Mine   , I'm gonna  keep  it ... Guzz1

us
    Dec 2006
    MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
    2 times

Sandman iv seen a person in Florida using the same scoop that you have and i was very impressed with the way it performed for him in the water and on the beach,

I went to kellyco website and they have the brute listed and im heading to Florida this month and plan on purchasing this scoop, The top is closed which will help keep the targets inside.

I have a 6061 aluminum scoop that works great but sometimes i have to try a few time to get the target.

This diamond head every one is talking about caught my interest a few months ago, and i know it would be a great scoop on the beach with the way the basket is v shaped.

But in the water the v shape can work against you unless your target is "dead center" of the v or when you push in the surf the v scoop will allow the target to move left of right and you will have to try again.

The brute that Kellyco has ive seen in person a few months ago and this is one bad ass scoop, Seems like the basket size is wider than the diamond head and would recover the target with ease.

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    Banner Finds (2)

I am looking into this scoop atm, and happened to see this topic on the search I used. It seems that they now offer an optional extended handle, so those that find it too short may want to look into it.

Anthony
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

rdi

Sep 2007
    Zephyrhills, Florida
    Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog

I've been using the original Diamond Head for about a year....the only neg things were the handle was too short at times and the weight when carrying it out of the water.. which they fixed with the new 48in.fiberglass handle....Side note: more long handle scoop are 40in. range than not.....rdi
    Mder's helping Mder's

Jan 2006

hi Cotton , please contact me regarding selling your diamond head scoop . I sent you a p.m but no reply as yet
    many thanks Tony Weston . please email me at ...............LesleyDugg@aol.com

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Orlando Fl.
    Excalibur 1000
    54 times

I just ordered one with the 48" handle. I'll be adding an additional hand grip on the side and an eye bolt to attach a lanyard. They will make the handle solid, not hollow where the attachments need to go. Should have in a week. Can't wait to try it. I Had to give up on a water target yesterday after much effort. Hope this does the trick.

Tek
    I love the rain. A day without rain is like a day without sunshine I always say.
    And if pigs could fly, I'd wear a hat.

us
    Nov 2007
    SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA
    Garrett AT PRO
    5 times

They glide through the Hard sand like butter you'll love it .. and there quick about doing it,,,,Right before that breaker hits you head ,,

us
    Apr 2008
    10 times

Tonywestern i have not received any pm , But i just sent you one. COTTON

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors