You don’t always have to hunt in deep water..

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went to a new beach this morning. Actually I’ve been there before but was unable to hunt because they don’t open the gate until after 7 am and I was there much earlier. At that time I didn’t wait around and went to another beach. This time I timed it so that it would be open when I got there. The drawback to this was that I had to travel 1-1/2 hours to get there making it a 3-hour round trip for me thus not much hunting time. Not only that but I had to maneuver in and out of heavy rush hour traffic. Another reason I always go early in the mornings.

The day was perfect. It was beautiful. The water was perfect, hardly a ripple. Well, maybe one or two. The water was NOT deep. I did not pay any attention but I think the tide was out at that time. I could walk all the way out to the ropes of the swimming area and still the water was not over my waist. It was starting to warm up considerably. Once the sun is up it gets hot fast at the beaches. So….. perfect day, perfect water. This was starting out well except for all the darn traffic!

I walked down to the water with really high hopes after finding that ring yesterday. Surely I could do it again. Into the water I went. Instead of walking parallel to the shore I walked out to the rope and back, moved over a little and walked back out to the rope and back again. NO HITS! NOT ONE! Walked back out to the rope and back again, moved over a little and back out for another trip. Almost to the rope and BAM a hit. I dug for it but missed it. Then….. no signal. It was gone! I’m not sure because I’ve never found an earring back or a stud earring but I’m guessing that maybe that was what I had found and it slipped through the holes in my scoop. I never could find that signal again so I moved on. Back and forth, back and forth. Now when I got very close to the edge of the water I started getting bottle caps, pulltabs & pennies. No signals out in the water but every time I got close to shore…. Pennies. After about an hour and a half I decided to stay close to shore and get the pennies. Pennies are better than nothing. I was finding bottle caps and a couple pull tabs but again in near the edge. Still nothing out in the deeper water. (Not that it was that deep). I was muttering to myself and I’m sure if anyone had been near me they would have thought I was crazy. I asked the surf Gods to let me find a ring. I had come a long way. I asked the gold Gods to let me find a ring. I finally said I would settle for anything gold. A ring, a bracelet, a necklace – ANYTHING. Still nothing so I asked for any kind of ring or jewelry – ANYTHING. I promised to sacrifice my Dr. Pepper to them.

pepper.jpg

(Wasn’t much left in the can anyway) Still nothing. I guess the Gods don’t like Dr. Pepper. Finally I had to go. Since I spent so much time driving down there it restricted my hunting time and it as time for me to leave. One more trip along the edge. I was ankle deep and I got a hit. It was ….. YES – it was a gold ring! HOORAY! It was beautiful. When I got in the car I looked to see what it said on the inside but just couldn’t read it. I could make out the “K” but not the number. When I got home and got the magnifying glass I could make out an 8k on it and there is an indentation in front of the 8 but just can’t make out (even with the magnifying glass) if it is a 1 or just an indentation. So I don’t know if it is 8k or 18 k but it is gold and I’m happy! :wink:

Moneynjunk082808.jpg

Ring082808.jpg

Upvote 0

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Your prayers have been answered. You have restored my faith in the surf gods. I will begin to sacrifice my mt. dew to the dirt gods in hopes of finding gold. WTG :thumbsup:

Acevillav

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told ya #2 was on the way. Since 9k is about the lowest you see in rings, any lower and its not gold, thats 18K - big time gold! Toasting you with a Diet Dr. Pepper!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
acevillav said:
Your prayers have been answered. You have restored my faith in the surf gods. I will begin to sacrifice my mt. dew to the dirt gods in hopes of finding gold. WTG :thumbsup:

Acevillav

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WTG Hopefully this is the start of a long streak for you Mumszie. Congrats.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
TERRIFIC! and good things come in threes - so I can't wait to see what is next. Isn't that something? that you found it at the end of the hunt. Congratulations - bet it is 18K - what a nice find!!!!!!

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
Look like lady luck finally caught up with you (we all knew it would) !! So now that your finding all that gold what are you going to do with all those perty bottle caps !!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring and the one of many more. :thumbsup:

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job

Attachments

• bbbbbfrregeggg.gif
    bbbbbfrregeggg.gif
    146.5 KB · Views: 905
  • bbbbbfrregeggg.gif
    bbbbbfrregeggg.gif
    146.5 KB · Views: 900

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG I AM SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU..IF ANYONE ON THIS EARTH DESERVES MUCHO GOLD ITS YOU... MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU.. HOLEY CRAPOLA..

DIAMONDS ARE NEXT WANDA THIS IS SOOOO
13.gif
AND YOU DESERVE MORE
1179173982random6iz4.gif

AND I KNOW YOU WILL FIND LOTS N LOTS MORE. I AM SO DAM PROUD OF YOU.. :thumbsup:

PS NEXT WILL BE DIAMONDS BETCHA.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Beautiful ring, and great story. I have had many targets vanish into thin air(or water) and it irritates me to no end. You never know where the goods are, sometimes they are closer to shore than you expect :) Congratulations, and job well done!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
AWESOME!!!! I'll be praying to the surf gods on Tuesday morning during my 2 hour drive to a new beach!

Great ring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread