My new setup ~ ready for a long hunt at the beach tomorrow morning

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
So I'm driving 2 hours to a new beach tomorrow morning, and I wanted to be really prepared to get to the beach around 6am and hopefully last 4 or 5 hours.

I wanted something that I could carry water in as well as a couple of clif bars for energy, so I went over to REI and found a great fanny pack belt with a small pack on one hip and a water bottle holter on the other hip. I also bought two dry packs to keep my electric key fob with me and dry. I'll put the key fob in one dry pack, roll it up and put it in the other dry pack and put it in the fanny pack (side story - I had a rental car key fob with me this summer on cape cod, and after about a week of getting it wet in the salt water, I got stranded one morning after 2 hours in the water. Thankfully I had my cell phone with me, and could call the rental car service number. It took a few hours to get the tow truck there to take the car away, and for someone from the rental car company to come pick me up and drive me back to their office to get a new car).

I also ordered a new find bag to put on the fanny pack belt. Lastly, I fashioned a cord to connect to my detector, in the event I have to let go of it in the surf - it will stay attached to me.

What do you think?...

Attachments

• IMG_8754.jpg
    IMG_8754.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_8755.jpg
    IMG_8755.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_8756.jpg
    IMG_8756.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_8753.jpg
    IMG_8753.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same find bag from Kellyco and it does really well. The only thing that I have changed with it is that I put more velcro on the upper and inner flaps.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, you sure are ready to go... nice setup too, best of luck and I hope you find diamonds and gold.. can't wait to hear about it after ya get back home.

booty

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use one of those dry bags and put my cell phone in it I don't have a problem at all. Better safe then sorry. I found one of the key fobs this weekend in the water, and I felt so sorry for the poor person that must of lost it. I can only imagine after a day at the beach going back to the car and finding it gone. I don't carry any keys, I opene the gas tank door of the truck and set it on top of the lid.

That set up should work great for you. I got almost the same cord to attach to my detector also.

OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
txkickergirl said:
That set up should work great for you. I got almost the same cord to attach to my detector also.

I made this one out of a piece of bungee cord. We'll see how she holds up tomorrow.

Jim

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Nice set up! Wheres the sunglasses for eyeballing the surroundings?
Good luck
LT

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my cord is a bungee and has those clips like that on both ends, I seen it one day walking around Home Depot it has worked out great. I attach one end to my finds bag, the other to the arm cup, and sometimes when I am digging really deep it helps to be able to turn the detector shaft loose and have both hands free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread