Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
I had a great day again playin in the water. Kept the streak goin strong. The first lake I hit had been hunted pretty hard. I wasn't gettin much in the way of even trash hits. But I still managed the 10k yellow gold earring. It only weighs .80 grams, but I will take it. The second lake we tried didn't kick out much at all. It was like tryin to scoop concrete. I only spent a short time there, and then headed to the third and final lake. The last lake was full of trash targets and gave up the 10k white gold ring. It weighs 2.6 grams and has 8 small stone chips. This is my first white gold this year. These 2 pieces make for 5 total gold in 4 trips. Not a bad streak at all. Thanks to all you water hunters for the inspiration to get wet. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• laborday (6).JPG
    laborday (6).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 332
  • laborday.JPG
    laborday.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 334
  • laborday (2).JPG
    laborday (2).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 320
  • laborday (3).JPG
    laborday (3).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 323
  • laborday (4).JPG
    laborday (4).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 320
  • laborday (5).JPG
    laborday (5).JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 0
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
finderzzs said:
SWEEEEEET! How many Gold does that make for the year now?????? Congrats Juju :thumbsup:

it makes 44 or 45 I have to recount. I also have 66 silver.
JuJu

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Holy cow, you are on a roll!

I am halfway there, just you wait ;D

Also, if you have about 40 golden finds not in the water, in only 2008, where were you hunting before?

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Narthoniel said:
Holy cow, you are on a roll!

I am halfway there, just you wait ;D

Also, if you have about 40 golden finds not in the water, in only 2008, where were you hunting before?
I was strictly land hunting schools, parks, beaches. Anywhere I could swing. I dig everything. Almost all of this years finds were posted in todays finds.
JuJu

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I do so much working and hunting, I have little time to look anywhere but in this forum, although I sneak into the Today's Finds once in a while and read a few.

I am new to detecting, and have been combing my local beach for 2+ months now. Love beach hunting, but, want to learn the finer points of hunting parks and schools. Saw a neibhorhood park today with a large wood chip area. Plan to take the detector tomorrow and see if anything is there. Also have 2 old schools nearby, one of which is under reconstruction. 1900 and 1950 era schools. I am hoping the older one holds some silver, but, I lack any tools for diggin in the dirt. By the sound of it tho, im missing a lot of goodies by neglecting my parks, so I need to go check them out.

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Narthoniel said:
I do so much working and hunting, I have little time to look anywhere but in this forum, although I sneak into the Today's Finds once in a while and read a few.

I am new to detecting, and have been combing my local beach for 2+ months now. Love beach hunting, but, want to learn the finer points of hunting parks and schools. Saw a neibhorhood park today with a large wood chip area. Plan to take the detector tomorrow and see if anything is there. Also have 2 old schools nearby, one of which is under reconstruction. 1900 and 1950 era schools. I am hoping the older one holds some silver, but, I lack any tools for diggin in the dirt. By the sound of it tho, im missing a lot of goodies by neglecting my parks, so I need to go check them out.
Wood chips kick out a lot of gold. Just remember to investigate even the slightest tone. Lots of small kids gold will turn up with only a hint of a tone. I also do real well in soccer fields, and around basketball courts.
JuJu

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Dude awesome job on the 10k gold! We will find gold this weekend definatly!!! :) I am gearing up for it!!! :) :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions