The Ten Year Term

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just curious if anyone has given any thought upon the various possibilities for this most curious circumstance? Do you think it was significant or do you think it was just a period of time randomly selected?

From WHAT? BEALE PAPERS? DUNNO.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The arrangment was to remainin force for two years, or for the period of there (Expected Absence.) The elapse of the ten year "term", none of them are to be numbered with the, Living...Think aboutit. "As ten years must elapse before you will,read this letter. These Legacies,so unexpectedly received,will at least serve to,recall names that may still be Cherished, though partially forgotten. "I trust, my dear Mr. Morriss, that we may Meet many times in the future. Meet in the future,while,nolonger numbered with the living

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The arrangment was to remainin force for two years, or for the period of there (Expected Absence.) The elapse of the ten year "term", none of them are to be numbered with the, Living...Think aboutit. "As ten years must elapse before you will,read this letter. These Legacies,so unexpectedly received,will at least serve to,recall names that may still be Cherished, though partially forgotten. "I trust, my dear Mr. Morriss, that we may Meet many times in the future. Meet in the future,while,nolonger numbered with the living

Not buying into that one. :laughing7: Thus far, all speculation with no credible foundation at all. And I believe it's, "IF none of them are to be numbered with the living..." You might also take note that Morriss was to hold the money "in trust" for a period of two years after the end of ten year term if it had not been claimed....not before the end of the ten year term. (And we also know at least one Thomas Beale during the period who was a register of wills, and Morriss had been placed in the position as an executor of a will, but only "if" his services were required.) And last, I am thinking about it, as it has been presented in the story, not as I need it, or want it to be presented. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did meet again in 1826. That is when TJB's best friend was married at the Peaks Presbyterian Church. TJB was best man. TJB's best friend married a one half cherokee. TJB and his third expedition was killed by locals of Bedford County.

Well, if that's true, then could explain why Morriss was never needed, business was concluded in 1826. But, it still doesn't explain the reason for the ten-year term. And the other problem......there never was a Beale expedition into the mountains, at least not as it was presented in the pamphlet. That is now a fact that can't be ignored. So what was the real source? Could provide the reason for the ten year term.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, if that's true, then could explain why Morriss was never needed, business was concluded in 1826. But, it still doesn't explain the reason for the ten-year term. And the other problem......there never was a Beale expedition into the mountains, at least not as it was presented in the pamphlet. That is now a fact that can't be ignored. So what was the real source? Could provide the reason for the ten year term.

TJ also died in 1826, didn't he?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO... is it POSSIBLE that fellows wanted to help TJ (who was getting to be "poor") with $$$$$$$$$$$, gold, silver, etc. to "save" Poplar Forest? After TJ's death... "business" was "concluded".

OK, let's run with that notion. And the ten-year term of 1822? Of course, they would have to have known that TJ was in $$$$$$$$ trouble in 1817, 1818, 1819, etc., No records to indicate that TJ was in $$$$$$ trouble through the period.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, let's run with that notion. And the ten-year term of 1822? Of course, they would have to have known that TJ was in $$$$$$$$ trouble in 1817, 1818, 1819, etc., No records to indicate that TJ was in $$$$$$ trouble through the period.

WRONG! LOTS of info about TJ's money troubles are available...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is the actual source of the money "if" it really ever existed. Clearly the "described adventure" never took place, so if not, then where did the money come from and why did it need to be "deposited" in secret with a ten-year term attached to it? And why did it require a third party such as Morriss?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Reb, let's keep running with that notion. Who was involved, or held direct concern in that purchase? Well, there was Spain, France, the United States, and even Mexico. So let's assume that for whatever reason the US needed to secretly transfer two large shipments of wealth from west to east, I wonder who they would use and how they would have done it? This is what I like about Franklin's Rebel Army theory, though I'm of the mind it wouldn't have been an actually Rebel Army, per say. Big governments would certainly have big money and possibly even the need to keep such transactions a complete secret, and with terms. Just saying.......

PS: Meant to say, "Patriot Army" theory.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You know Reb, let's keep running with that notion. Who was involved, or held direct concern in that purchase? Well, there was Spain, France, the United States, and even Mexico. So let's assume that for whatever reason the US needed to secretly transfer two large shipments of wealth from west to east, I wonder who they would use and how they would have done it? This is what I like about Franklin's Rebel Army theory, though I'm of the mind it wouldn't have been an actually Rebel Army, per say. Big governments would certainly have big money and possibly even the need to keep such transactions a complete secret, and with terms. Just saying.......

PS: Meant to say, "Patriot Army" theory.

LOL! If, going with the L.P.; Jefferson authorized $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to pay France for Louisiana Territory (France needed the money for "their" war); OVERPAYING by quite a LARGE sum... not sure by how much; OR... what happened to the "left-over" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I really like where this is heading. Lot's of possibilities here. As far as over paying, shoot, that wasn't even a big concern because shortly afterwards the US learned that France had already signed a secret treaty with Spain granting them the disputed territory forever. Now why do you suppose they never bothered to inform the US of that little fact. Now suddenly the entire affair is in turmoil, Spain is protesting, Mexico is protesting, France is in denial, the US is stalling on making payments, man....this mess and political posturing is going to take years to straighten out. Shoot, Spain and France have already concluded a secret back door deal even before the US agreed to make the purchase. Now why do you suppose France never informed the US about that secret treaty they had made with Spain. Hey, wait a minute, wasn't Napoleon's brother on the Throne of Spain at one time? Now I wonder what France was thinking? And man, as soon as the word of the purchase got out everyone was wanting a piece of that pie, even very influential and wealthy private interest, not to mention the insurgents. Wow, there was all sorts of secret huge money/funding gearing up and taking shape. I really like where you're going with all this, Reb. I think you may actually be onto something. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Napoleon's brother was the Emperor of New Spain/Mexico; by going with the 1885 date, you can get SEVERAL "sources" of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from America, Mexico, CSA, American "outlaws" "compounded" into the BEALE TREASURE. NO wonder NSA is so interested...

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Napoleon's brother was the Emperor of New Spain/Mexico; by going with the 1885 date, you can get SEVERAL "sources" of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from America, Mexico, CSA "compounded" into the BEALE TREASURE. NO wonder NSA is so interested...

Yes, Napoleon's brother was the Emperor of New Spain at one time. And guess what.....he fled to the US after Waterloo. Heck, just about anyone who was anyone visited his plush estate here in the US. Guys like Henry Clay and many, many others. In fact, did you know that Napoleon was even heading this way but changed his mind at the last moment, opting instead to ignore the advice of his most loyal commanders in favor of boarding ship to treat with the British. Wow...what a mistake that was. Anyway, just prior to this he order his guy in charge of the treasury to send a large sum of money over here. But if he never got here I wonder where that money ended up? Man, big, no..."huge" money suddenly popping up everywhere with some of it never being found again. Reb, you are on a roll! :icon_thumright:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions