OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're speculating that I'm Speculating what you're speculating about everything else'
Whole lot of speculating going on- and still, nothing is revealed but speculation. :icon_thumright:

So, you're speculating that I'm speculating that you're just speculating that I'm just speculating about everything else? In conclusion you speculate that all that has been revealed thus far is just speculation. This would mean that you feel you are absent the required evidence to determine speculation from fact. So in the end, you're just speculating that there is no basses of fact in anything that I have presented thus far. What a conundrum you face, indeed. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... So in the end, you're just speculating that there is no basses of fact in anything that I have presented thus far. What a conundrum you face, indeed...
Well, with your theory, you concede that the Beale Papers , as written, do not relate a true story.
While you do present solid evidence surrounding events of Lafitte, Galveston , etc, you still do not provide a solid "connexion" of these events to the Beale Papers, Ward, the copyright owner of the Beale Papers, Sherman the printer, and why is was placed for sale only in Lynchburg.
...and you completely skipped over the actual mention of names in the Beale Papers, that of Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and Max Guggenheimer, or the parallels contained in the histories of the extended Risqué family bloodline, of which Ward belonged.
Instead, you have presented a sting of names in your theory that are in no way, directly tied to the story contained in the Beale Papers.
It is not I that has wrapped a mystery into a conundrum dressed up as an enigma.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, with your theory, you concede that the Beale Papers , as written, do not relate a true story.
While you do present solid evidence surrounding events of Lafitte, Galveston , etc, you still do not provide a solid "connexion" of these events to the Beale Papers, Ward, the copyright owner of the Beale Papers, Sherman the printer, and why is was placed for sale only in Lynchburg.
...and you completely skipped over the actual mention of names in the Beale Papers, that of Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and Max Guggenheimer, or the parallels contained in the histories of the extended Risqué family bloodline, of which Ward belonged.
Instead, you have presented a sting of names in your theory that are in no way, directly tied to the story contained in the Beale Papers.
It is not I that has wrapped a mystery into a conundrum dressed up as an enigma.

"the parallels contained in the histories of the extended Risqué family bloodline, of which Ward belonged."
Were John Sherman and Ward related, of which Mexico Sherman belonged......:laughing7:......it seems now you're wanting to dictate those extensions to only include those of your own personal selection. Where is Risque mentioned in the pamphlet? Appears you're extremely bias in YOUR allowed extensions and speculations. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"the parallels contained in the histories of the extended Risqué family bloodline, of which Ward belonged."
Were John Sherman and Ward related, of which Mexico Sherman belonged......:laughing7:......it seems now you're wanting to dictate those extensions to only include those of your own personal selection. Where is Risque mentioned in the pamphlet? Appears you're extremely bias in YOUR allowed extensions and speculations. :thumbsup:
THE DUEL...?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Where is Risque mentioned in the pamphlet? Appears you're extremely bias in YOUR allowed extensions and speculations. :thumbsup:
Where is Lafitte, Hall, "Mexico" Sherman, Galveston, etc, mentioned in the pamphlet?
Appears you're extremely bias in your denial of events in that extended family bloodline, of which Ward and Sherman would have knowledge, that would have be incorporated to create the story in the Beale Papers.
...and why do the names of Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and Max Guggenheimer appear in the pamphlet, and not Lafitte, "Mexico", and so on?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Where is Lafitte, Hall, "Mexico" Sherman, Galveston, etc, mentioned in the pamphlet?
Appears you're extremely bias in your denial of events in that extended family bloodline, of which Ward and Sherman would have knowledge, that would have be incorporated to create the story in the Beale Papers.
...and why do the names of Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and Max Guggenheimer appear in the pamphlet, and not Lafitte, "Mexico", and so on?
Well... we can ONLY speculate, eh...?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep to our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places.” This was in the spring of 1821, several months in advance of the last Beale Deposit.

Mr. Sherman, WAS, Mathew “Mexico” Sherman, the uncle of John Sherman, the job print's editor and J. B. Ward's cousin, the pamphlet's acting representative.

John Sherman wasted his life away fascinated with tales of treasure, even writing about them, this fascination causing him great distraction and financial difficulties.

ECS......“Are you making the connexions now?”

Now, I don't know about you, but this establishes pretty darn strong actual connection to the story in the Beale pamphlet, and to Ward. :laughing7:

"Checkmate!"

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and you are making that "connexion" from the questionable source of Lafitte's memoirs, which never mentions a buffalo hunt-unless you reckon Mathew "Mexico" Sherman hunted buffalo from the bow of the brig TORPEDO. :laughing7:
You find it convenient to use that Risqué bloodline to make that "connexion" to Ward and Sherman, yet ignore the other strong connections presented because they are NOT connected to Lafitte, Adams-Onis, Galveston, or Champ 'd Asile'.
While Lafitte's memoirs mention a distribution of gold to the indicated places, where does it state that Bedford county was an indicated place? It doesn't. That is your assumption.
Where is Beale mentioned in the memoirs? Or Morriss?
In the Beale Papers the names Clay, Coles, Witcher, Jackson, Chief Justice Marshall, and Max Guggenheimer are mentioned, no mention of Mr Hall, Mr Campbell, or Mr Sherman.
Using "Mexico" is a very weak link in your chain of evidence in trying to secure events in Lafitte's memoirs to Ward's copyrighted Beale Papers.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:happy1: C'mon Reb, coffee's gettin cold.
These two have boxes full of names and places and I'm not keeping up on all the theories...good stuff though.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Overland across multiple states on crude roads/trails with a wagon(s) is about all I find hard to accept.
A ship on the ocean much easier,were one able to trust the captain, crew and ports;established or makeshift.
For that, a French character can fit in my speculation. Even if only for political purpose.
Why move anything you're not obligated too more than once when it can be squirreled close at hand to either it's source, or it's destination, to be recovered by some one else you are obligated to get it to? I got it come get it on my terms. Things look fishy then you don't get it.
Small amounts, or personal properties pose less risk unless value and knowledge of possession draw notice.
The risk of greater wealth needs greater protection and reduced exposure of time and awareness as well as potential delays in transportation.
Time exposed =risk.
Not a task for just any one under peaceful conditions let alone during times of and after frictions.
Who had the cookie? Obligation to hand it off had risks regardless of why.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ECS......."Checkmate." :laughing7:
Don't think so- takes more than a mention of Sherman and deposit dates close to those in the pamphlet. We both claim the story contained in the Beale Papers is NOT true as written.
Don't light that Cohiba just yet.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think so- takes more than a mention of Sherman and deposit dates close to those in the pamphlet. We both claim the story contained in the Beale Papers is NOT true as written.
Don't light that Cohiba just yet.

"Cohiba".....sounds like a sport fish you would catch deep see fishing. :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a campfire going... we'll have CAMPFIRE COFFEE! COOLER here today, so...

Sounds appropriate.
We could start an additional fire so's not to corrupt the cookin fire an burn some of this rubbish and dead brush from sickle barrin the ol pasture site lyin a-round.
This'n hy'ar ol box the lock fell off'n has a passel of musty ol papers and setch in it to git shed a too....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread