OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The flame that is worth the candle"....the flame has always been associated with Liberty. Bedford, during the period was called Liberty. Champ D'Asile was located at what is now, Liberty, Texas, this name arriving sometime in the 20's or early thirties. In C1, which I have decoded for a few years now, though not completely due to those 19 four digit codes I've often referenced, you will learn of "three rivers that formed an estuary" and this is the description of Galveston Bay. It was in one of these rivers, under a hidden truss, that the wealth/capital was hidden and maintained.

The author of the pamphlet knew exactly what he was talking about, the region in Colorado being referenced because it was also a part of the disputed territory, this reference then allowing him to place aim at the region without directly implicating Galveston Island. The letters and ciphers, these he also had in his possession as become obvious in his failed attempt at trying to explain how the ciphers came to be known as C1, C2, C3, yet the clear text of C2 clearly establishing that the author already knew the exact order of the ciphers without having to number them according to their length, as he proposed in the story.

The word, "connexions" was simply as reference to the recognizable elements in Texas during the early and also because of intended distribution of the described deposits to certain French elements. One of these elements was Joseph Bonaparte, as is clearly displayed in his letter of inquiry to James Monroe regarding payments for "services rendered," this letter coming in 1829, or at the end of the ten year term which actually began with the first deposit in 1819, and not in 1822 as everyone has assumed. I can also tell you that the portion of the cipher solution I do have for C1 clearly states that the vault was "east" of Buford's, "about four miles" should anyone care to take up this hunt.

If and when I know more I'll keep you posted. :thumbsup:

PS: About the distributions, it is likely that the funds, or at least the greatest portion of them, were successfully distributed, as promised. However, and this being something that is still being looked into, there is one slim chance that some of it might remain, but this is very doubtful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing....though he doesn't get the opportunity to post here that often anymore, Tat has been the main driving force and the most valuable asset in this continued research that has allowed us to land where we are today.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four miles east of Buford's. Rebel you know that area where New Jerusalem is today.

I wish I could offer you more but unfortunately those 19 four digit codes hold all of the exacting details. However, given all of the circumstances there exist two possible situations that you may want to keep in mind before putting any actual boots on the ground.

First, as we believe it to be, Beale was just a courier, a delivery man, if you will. I doubt very seriously that he held exacting knowledge as to where those distributions were ultimately headed after the deliveries. Could be that he ended up spending the rest of his life in search of something he only assumed to still remain. This could very easily define his reasons for producing the pamphlet in only the effected region in the first place. Could easily be that those funds were moved and distributed after the initial deposits without his knowledge.

Second, whoever was on the receiving end of those deposits had to have resources, access, and the ability to distribute the funds, so perhaps this might allow you to zero in on any possible candidates/locations. :dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing that's really worth considering here for those of you who might be willing to put boots on the ground.....if the truth is exactly as we believe it to be, then there is only one reason why Beale would have cause to schedule interviews with Morriss, this simply being with the hope that Morriss had received the required key, which Beale did not have. Given that Morriss never received such a letter is very strong indication that his services were never required and that the distributions were carried out successfully as planned. This is also strong indication that Beale himself didn't know exactly what details were in the ciphers beyond the general information provided.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Four miles east of Buford's. Rebel you know that area where New Jerusalem is today.
HA! Goose Creek SOUTH IS there; about 4 miles SOUTH of Liberty/Bedford Town. Told ya that I found a WHITE Quartz SQUARE Rock with a DRILL HOLE in it... NEXT to the creek. Didn't get the chance to show you, EVERYTHING... PRIVATE owner, now; NO longer PUBLIC. Ah Well... BTW, I left the "Drill-Hole WHITE Quartz Stone (Square) there...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"The flame that is worth the candle"...
...and you're burning it at both ends.
Your connection to Bedford county is based on the mention of "Sherman" in Lafitte's memoirs, and built a speculative case from there that includes all those involved in the Galveston during that period of time- the name missing from this theory is that of William Patterson and his Baltimore Canton Company who owned the TORPEDO, the brig captained by Mathew "Mexico" Sherman. The Canton Company's prime business was in the Chinese opium trade, the same as Stephen Girard, and Joseph Peabody.
Now in the Beale Papers there is no mention of Lafitte, Galveston, or "Mexico" Sherman, but a location and several names that would be known to the residents of Lynchburg and Bedford county.
If this was a corporate payout as suggested by your theory,and NOTHING to do with the Beale party story, what real purpose of Beale's subterfuge to Morriss serve?
...and why would Ward copyright "authentic events" of a non-authentic account of the Beale party?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and you're burning it at both ends.
Your connection to Bedford county is based on the mention of "Sherman" in Lafitte's memoirs, and built a speculative case from there that includes all those involved in the Galveston during that period of time- the name missing from this theory is that of William Patterson and his Baltimore Canton Company who owned the TORPEDO, the brig captained by Mathew "Mexico" Sherman. The Canton Company's prime business was in the Chinese opium trade, the same as Stephen Girard, and Joseph Peabody.
Now in the Beale Papers there is no mention of Lafitte, Galveston, or "Mexico" Sherman, but a location and several names that would be known to the residents of Lynchburg and Bedford county.
If this was a corporate payout as suggested by your theory,and NOTHING to do with the Beale party story, what real purpose of Beale's subterfuge to Morriss serve?
...and why would Ward copyright "authentic events" of a non-authentic account of the Beale party?

And your summation is full of very weak holes in light of the details and obvious connections presented that you still insist, for some unknown reason, don't exist. First, you have whipped out of thin air a baseless opinion that several names would be known to the residents of the Lynchburg and the Bedford area. Where did you get this notion? Where does it say this in the story?

Second, William Patterson is referenced, as is the "fact" that the Torpedo did travel to South America. Ships of both Girard and Patterson carried many volunteers and supplies from the states to various destinations in South America. There even exist one full account of such a voyage. So here again you are only continuing to cuddle your own pet theory as you continue to remain in complete denial of the various facts and details and connections placed before you.

And if you've missed the detailed Morriss & Beale connection, just as described in the pamphlet and for the same reasons, then I dare not have to detail that again, but will. There were a lot of various concerns involved at the time of the deposits, Morriss simply being yet another measure of extra protection in the event that something went wrong.

Look, you can believe whatever you wish to believe but I won't be drawn into one of your typical pursuits of, "argument". I've simply put all of this out here just as I promised that I would long ago. You do a lot of great research but in this particular arena you still have a Looooooong way to go before you can even begin to argue the merits of this "extremely solid" theory.

"Everything" you just referenced in this last post has already been addressed in previous post. You can either believe in it or you can continue to deny it. Up to you and I really don't care one way or the other. I know what I know and I shared it. Good enough for me. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
And your summation is full of very weak holes in light of the details and obvious connections presented that you still insist, for some unknown reason, don't exist. First, you have whipped out of thin air a baseless opinion that several names would be known to the residents of the Lynchburg and the Bedford area. Where did you get this notion? Where does it say this in the story? ...
The mention of those who visited Morriss's house- Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, and Chief Justice Marshall.
Max Guggenheimer,Esq, is mentioned as now owning the Morriss house.
All are mentioned in the Beale Papers- so it is not my notion.
Yes, these names would have been known to the residents of 1885 Lynchburg and Bedford county.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Second, William Patterson is referenced, as is the "fact" that the Torpedo did travel to South America. Ships of both Girard and Patterson carried many volunteers and supplies from the states to various destinations in South America. There even exist one full account of such a voyage. So here again you are only continuing to cuddle your own pet theory as you continue to remain in complete denial of the various facts and details and connections placed before you...
Look, you can believe whatever you wish to believe but I won't be drawn into one of your typical pursuits of, "argument". I've simply put all of this out here just as I promised that I would long ago. You do a lot of great research but in this particular arena you still have a Looooooong way to go before you can even begin to argue the merits of this "extremely solid" theory.
There is no mention of ships, South America, Lafitte, Patterson, or for that matter, Mathew "Mexico" Sherman in the Beale Papers. If it wasn't for John William Sherman as being mentioned as the printer of the job pamphlet, "Mexico" would never have been considered.
You accuse me of promoting a pet theory, and while I respect your research , you are also promoting a pet theory, you claim as "extremely solid", but contains more holes larger than the one in James Beverly Risqué that one could run a handkerchief through after a duel with Thomas Beale.
While all the people and events you have mentioned did occur, you have not presented evidence that links any of this to the Beale Papers.
You have presented a scenario based on the questionable Jean Lafitte Memoirs and forced fitted them to explain the deposits in the job pamphlet, an admission that the story contained in the Beale Papers is a work of fiction, or at best an allegory.
The bottom line here is this
Either the Beale Papers as written is a true account of actual events, or it is a work of fiction that drew from several eclectic sources to create an entertaining story with ciphers for a parlor entertainment for 1885 Lynchburg.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either the Beale Papers as written is a true account of actual events, or it is a work of fiction that drew from several eclectic sources to create an entertaining story with ciphers for a parlor entertainment for 1885 Lynchburg.

In the above quote you allow for a true narrative or the complete freedom to draw upon any number of resources and references in the creating of a fictional tale. Two extremes with no middle. :laughing7: I'm sure science will tell you that such a proposal can't exist without a middle, or a third option. :thumbsup: :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In the above quote you allow for a true narrative or the complete freedom to draw upon any number of resources and references in the creating of a fictional tale. Two extremes with no middle. I'm sure science will tell you that such a proposal can't exist without a middle, or a third option.
Well your "middle" is based on the suspect memoirs of Jean Lafitte, who is never mentioned in the Beale Papers.
From Lafitte's memoirs:
"I have offered the present of a large quantity of gunpowder to blow up boulders. Mr Ward, Mr Kingsley, and Mr Peabody seem to me very honest nice men to take care of the railroad".
Does this reference mean that gunpowder was employed to create the Beale treasure vault, and the deposits were transported by train to Bedford county?
No, but a speculative case could be made to create another "middle".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well your "middle" is based on the suspect memoirs of Jean Lafitte, who is never mentioned in the Beale Papers.
From Lafitte's memoirs:
"I have offered the present of a large quantity of gunpowder to blow up boulders. Mr Ward, Mr Kingsley, and Mr Peabody seem to me very honest nice men to take care of the railroad".
Does this reference mean that gunpowder was employed to create the Beale treasure vault, and the deposits were transported by train to Bedford county?
No, but a speculative case could be made to create another "middle".
Trains...? ONLY by 1858 or so in Bedford County, Va.; the ole V & T... (Virginian & Tennessee).

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS.....if you say so. :laughing7: But allow me to finish this off here.....
A few days ago we were discussing Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, and Mr. Sherman. You suggested a Mr. Hall and in reply I referred you to some "general information" about the correct Mr. Hall. So in your defense might I suggest that at present you are only speculating that I'm merely speculating about everything else. Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS... So in your defense might I suggest that at present you are only speculating that I'm merely speculating about everything else. Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not. :thumbsup:
You're speculating that I'm Speculating what you're speculating about everything else'
Whole lot of speculating going on- and still, nothing is revealed but speculation. :icon_thumright:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You're speculating that I'm Speculating what you're speculating about everything else'
Whole lot of speculating going on- and still, nothing is revealed but speculation. :icon_thumright:
Uncle Jerry Lee is singing... "WHOLE LOTTA SPECULATING, GOING ON!!!! (At the TIKI BAR)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions