HOW AND BY WHOM WAS THE BEALE EXPEDITION FINANCED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
He was not a Captain at the time I have documentation as Proof .
1st LT Thomas Jones Beall in 1816 Bro !
How many times must Bigscoop and Franklin post the timeline activities of Thomas Jones Beall before you finally realize this is NOT the Thomas Beale of the 1885 Beale Papers?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How many times must Bigscoop and Franklin post the timeline activities of Thomas Jones Beall before you finally realize this is NOT the Thomas Beale of the 1885 Beale Papers?

Like this one ?

beal25b.JPG

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice try at forcing unrelated facts to fit your personal theory- but no Cohiba for you.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What about Thomas Beale who filed bankruptcy in 1816 because of a $800,000 debt?

I do think that he was in dept jail before the Battle of New Orleans Jan 8 1815 . Possibly filed bankruptcy was done 1810-13 or so ?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice try at forcing unrelated facts to fit your personal theory- but no Cohiba for you.

I am still looking into this one at the time . The person who wrote the Diary called a person all that time Mr Beale, For him to change that during the last part of the trip on a different boat has me looking closer to the fact that it may have been something interesting going on here .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Thomas J. Beale was not a military captain. He would not have the time to take a venture that could span ten years. This Thomas J. Beale of the Job Print Pamphlet was elected a captain by his associates. So if they were calling him captain in 1816 it could very well have been the Captain Thomas Beale of New Orleans but not Thomas J. Beale of the Job Print Pamphlet.

O

Old Silver

$200,000 would be a major fortune in 1818, and that amount of capital would far exceed funds needed to outfit 30 men for a buffalo hunt.
P.S: Thomas Beale of Uptown Plantation, New Orleans, did not have a "J" as a middle name.

So part of that $200,000 could not have been used to finance a 30 man hunt because it was too much money?:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What I was referring to was this: in the time period discussed, the dollar was worth a lot more than today, and this expedition could have been outfitted for less than $1000.00.
Remember, the purpose of the Beale Party was a buffalo hunt.

O

Old Silver

What I was referring to was this: in the time period discussed, the dollar was worth a lot more than today, and this expedition could have been outfitted for less than $1000.00.
Remember, the purpose of the Beale Party was a buffalo hunt.

Which means this money could have been used for said hunt. Not saying it was, but it seems a strange thing to bring up as your argument.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This discussion of $200,000 was in response to Laf who brought it up as some kind of "proof" on how the adventure was financed.
To me, the 1885 Beale Papers are nothing more than a dime adventure/treasure novel with the ciphers added as a parlor entertainment for the 1885 Lynchburg buyers.

O

Old Silver

This discussion of $200,000 was in response to Laf who brought it up as some kind of "proof" on how the adventure was financed.
To me, the 1885 Beale Papers are nothing more than a dime adventure/treasure novel with the ciphers added as a parlor entertainment for the 1885 Lynchburg buyers.

Yes, I read the posts, but what you said just didn't make any sense.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
By whose standards? We are after all discussing a buffalo hunt and expedition that nothing more than a work of fiction.

O

Old Silver

By whose standards? We are after all discussing a buffalo hunt and expedition that nothing more than a work of fiction.

Okay, but it doesn't help your argument to say that a $1,000 hunt couldn't/wouldn't have been financed with a $200,000 sale. I guess that's the standard I'm going by.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You do seem to want to argue a ridiculous point that really lacks weight in this discussion or even matter.
What matters is that NO evidence exists outside of the 1885 Beale Papers than can prove that anything in that job pamphlet ever happened- the buffalo hunt, Beale's meeting with Morriss, the letters from St Louis, the treasure vault, and so on.
If you have evidence contrary to this, bring it on.

O

Old Silver

You do seem to want to argue a ridiculous point that really lacks weight in this discussion or even matter.
What matters is that NO evidence exists outside of the 1885 Beale Papers than can prove that anything in that job pamphlet ever happened- the buffalo hunt, Beale's meeting with Morriss, the letters from St Louis, the treasure vault, and so on.
If you have evidence contrary to this, bring it on.

The ridiculous point was your argument, which didn't make any kind of sense.

I have no proof of any of it happening anymore than you have proof that it didn't happen. There is reports of Indians, but I know you don't like to hear that, so...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We have all read that information- its just maybe, could have, not solid evidence that it is related to the 1885 Beale story.
Ever read E F Beale's 1850 BEALE PAPERS?

O

Old Silver

We have all read that information- its just maybe, could have, not solid evidence that it is related to the 1885 Beale story.
Ever read E F Beale's 1850 BEALE PAPERS?

One place you claim the story was taken from a story about a Kentucky cave. Which is it, the cave story, or the E F Beale papers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread