Perspectives

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beyond some of the different perspectives I've already presented let me share with a few others, one of these dealing directly with the remaining two ciphers.

When we first read the clear text of C2 what do most people see? They see the text and what that text presents. However, very-very few ever take the time to study that text for how it is presented, yet they really should.

When we examine the text of C2 we learn a lot about the author of that text. First we learn that he had excellent command over the English language, his presentation being straight forward and right to the point. Not only this but we also learn this presentation is smooth and flawless, his punctuation is accurate and never lacking. His communication is grammatically correct in every respect. In short, he is an excellent writer and communicator. So why then would any practicing decoder expect anything less in the remaining two ciphers? And yet they do.

Is it really practical to assume that this obviously intelligent individual is going to proceed to write the clear text for C1 and C3 in a choppy and sloppy and jumbled up manner? Is it practical to assume that the codes in the remaining two ciphers are going to be full of errors and super complicated schemes? Is it practical to assume that after identifying the remaining ciphers as (1) and (3) in the clear text of C2 that he is going to forget to number them? Is it practical to assume that this obviously intelligent and educated individual is going to suddenly become an illiterate who can't form a proper sentence or paragraph?

This is just one more example of a different perspective and how it has been researched and then applied.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Beyond some of the different perspectives I've already presented let me share with a few others, one of these dealing directly with the remaining two ciphers.

When we first read the clear text of C2 what do most people see? They see the text and what that text presents. However, very-very few ever take the time to study that text for how it is presented, yet they really should.

When we examine the text of C2 we learn a lot about the author of that text. First we learn that he had excellent command over the English language, his presentation being straight forward and right to the point. Not only this but we also learn this presentation is smooth and flawless, his punctuation is accurate and never lacking. His communication is grammatically correct in every respect. In short, he is an excellent writer and communicator. So why then would any practicing decoder expect anything less in the remaining two ciphers? And yet they do.

Is it really practical to assume that this obviously intelligent individual is going to proceed to write the clear text for C1 and C3 in a choppy and sloppy and jumbled up manner? Is it practical to assume that the codes in the remaining two ciphers are going to be full of errors and super complicated schemes? Is it practical to assume that after identifying the remaining ciphers as (1) and (3) in the clear text of C2 that he is going to forget to number them? Is it practical to assume that this obviously intelligent and educated individual is going to suddenly become an illiterate who can't form a proper sentence or paragraph?

This is just one more example of a different perspective and how it has been researched and then applied.
C2...? DOI...? TJ was OF COURSE, VERY intelligent!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The possible source of the wealth in question. Another perspective based on facts of the period in question, 1817-1822.

Mountains of historical records and documents conclusively provide that the wealth in the Beale paper narration couldn't have possibly come from an active mining operation in the region detailed and in the amount of time disclosed. Now there are several factors that come into play but the most dominating factor is the simple fact that there were no known refining processes for separating the silver from the complicated matrix of the region until the 1860's. Prior to this later period records clearly detail that the amount of silver loss without these later processes often exceeded 70% with the average rate of loss being around 50%. So even with a pure strike this means that the party would have had to produce twice the amount detailed in C2 just to arrive at these amounts. Obviously, when this is compared to other mining operations of the period we can easily conclude that this detailed rate of production just wasn't possible, not even from a very rich strike. So if this alleged wealth didn't come from an existing mining operation then where else might it have come from?

Missing wealth, or suddenly appearing wealth, “big money always leave a trail.” And from this the search was on and in time about eight documented possibilities were discovered, of these only a few remained as standing possibilities once each of these possibilities “and their source materials” had been thoroughly researched. Of these eight possibilities only four of them remained on the table as candidates once they had been extensively researched. Thus far, of these four remaining possibilities only two provided any connection to the name Beale and/or any connection to the Bedford region.

Just one more perspective concerning the Beale mystery.

O

Old Silver

The possible source of the wealth in question. Another perspective based on facts of the period in question, 1817-1822.

Mountains of historical records and documents conclusively provide that the wealth in the Beale paper narration couldn't have possibly come from an active mining operation in the region detailed and in the amount of time disclosed. Now there are several factors that come into play but the most dominating factor is the simple fact that there were no known refining processes for separating the silver from the complicated matrix of the region until the 1860's. Prior to this later period records clearly detail that the amount of silver loss without these later processes often exceeded 70% with the average rate of loss being around 50%. So even with a pure strike this means that the party would have had to produce twice the amount detailed in C2 just to arrive at these amounts. Obviously, when this is compared to other mining operations of the period we can easily conclude that this detailed rate of production just wasn't possible, not even from a very rich strike. So if this alleged wealth didn't come from an existing mining operation then where else might it have come from?

Missing wealth, or suddenly appearing wealth, “big money always leave a trail.” And from this the search was on and in time about eight documented possibilities were discovered, of these only a few remained as standing possibilities once each of these possibilities “and their source materials” had been thoroughly researched. Of these eight possibilities only four of them remained on the table as candidates once they had been extensively researched. Thus far, of these four remaining possibilities only two provided any connection to the name Beale and/or any connection to the Bedford region.

Just one more perspective concerning the Beale mystery.

I wouldn't care if it were 50%, or even 25% of what's supposed to be deposited, I'd take it. Or if it came from another source, which is possible, I'd still take it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all I've consumed in regards to the Beale mystery over the years today I'd have to say that the Beale narration is probably more then a simple narration or a simple work of fiction. Having said that I seriously doubt that if the deposits were real that any of it remains today. But this is all being based on much different perspectives then most. Today, if the deposits were indeed real than I feel pretty certain that I know where the wealth came from, just not certain as to all of the particulars involved and still researching these various avenues.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigscoop, we have both approached the Beale Papers from different perspectives, and have arrived at conclusions, sometimes different, but sometimes similar.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be two main groups of Beale researchers, those who research the chase and those who research the narration before committing to a chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread