What Have We Really Learned In Recent Weeks?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, all of this recent flurry of certain claims of solve has actually proven a good thing for everyone and the Beale forums, in part because they fully support the fact that the Beale papers can be anything anyone desires, and in part because it has become obvious just how easily these certain claims of solve can be manufactured from complete unknowns given enough time and effort. So now everyone fully realizes this as has been made perfectly clear through endless debate in regards to all of these certain solve examples.

So what was learned? What is learned from all of this is that without any provenance to guide us then literally anything becomes possible. This is why provenance is so-so important, as it not only separates speculation from fact but it also establishes what is real and what isn't real or may not be real, or what may or may not be true. Without prior provenance that something truly exist then all that can be pursued is the desire to discover something meaningful yet even that seemingly meaningful discovery requires provenance.

Some good and interesting theories out there but that is all they are or all they will ever be without the required provenance to turn them into fact, or to turn them into supported theories instead of just unsupported theories, if nothing else.

I personally have my own theory, a very strong theory as to who wrote the Beale papers and why, BUT, unlike the rest of these various claimants I also understand that without that direct connection, that required provenance, I have absolutely nothing other then a theory and I would be nuts to claim otherwise, my integrity completely shot should I persist in trying to sell my theory as fact without said provenance. A lesson hard learned a long time ago, the same lesson others are now learning the same hard way, and no doubt others will continue to learn the same in the future. However, nothing really lost when something truly valuable, perhaps even more valuable, is learned. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What has become highly noticeable is the abundance of pseudo and half facts that are utilized to prove the most off the wall connections that their pet theories are built, and when questioned about proof or evidence, they immediately go on the rampage and attack the questioner with insults.
That makes it quite obvious that their premise as well as their ego are much to fragile to be confronted by logical inquiry concerning the foundations of their very questionable "facts" on which their theories are based.
At times it appears that their only reason for posting is to attack and insult long time posters on these threads instead of actually taking part in the dialog...and it very easy to discern these posters.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that they have worked so long and so hard on their theories that they immediately become defensive whenever contrary fact or evidence is placed before them. Why they react like this is mystery because that contrary evidence and/or fact should be important to anyone desiring to discover the truth. :dontknow: Sure, it's not easy to accept or to entertain but ignoring it is a huge mistake.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tad, stop attacking Bigscoop, bigscoop and ECS are not the same person, end the insults now!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hint, attacking members after a warning, then following it up with attacking moderation and a mod is not a good idea....

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did I miss? Was I more then a "gambler, hawker, swindler, posing as an enthusiastic customer" this time? I just put those in quotations so a certain someone would understand the true definition of "paid shill' and how it really isn't applicable in the context they thought it was. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, it's rather ironic that some of the possibilities themselves support the hypothetical that I'm about to present you with, and yet they do support it, as crazy as it might sound.

So let's assume that our unknown author became fanatical about a treasure tale that had heard and believed to be true, when in reality it wasn't. According to his testimony contained his narration there is no doubt that he became fanatical over the alleged Beale tale, fully admitting that he had wasted away his life in pursuit of something that had only proved to be an illusion. Now then, what if in a final act of desperation he decided to tell his readers of his pursuit and his belief in the otherwise unreal treasure by way of a simple pamphlet with the hope that someone might step forward with what he only believed to be real?

Yes it sounds too crazy, for sure, but why not as we have even witnessed this time and time again throughout history, men and even entire empires searching for various treasures that never existed at all? This same type of thing is still going on even today, men pursuing various treasures that they can't even prove to have ever existed. So this true history itself supports the hypothetical possibility presented here. Just some more food for thought......and perhaps, more that has come to light in recent weeks?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, all of this recent flurry of certain claims of solve has actually proven a good thing for everyone and the Beale forums, in part because they fully support the fact that the Beale papers can be anything anyone desires, and in part because it has become obvious just how easily these certain claims of solve can be manufactured from complete unknowns given enough time and effort...

So what was learned? ...
When it comes to the Beale adventure treasure story- ANYTHING GOES!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish someone would find some type of true provenance to any part of it, put an end to all of this fabrication and creative solution outbreak.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish someone would find some type of true provenance to any part of it, put an end to all of this fabrication and creative solution outbreak.

You said it and I second it.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now you have "certain solvers" looking for that all-important key...:laughing7:....I guess so they can check the accuracy of their "certain solution." :laughing7:
Sooooo,....maybe they're not that so certain after all. And, if it was lost in a flood, set afire by lightening, etc., then how can they have a "certain solution" without it?
They just keep telling on themselves, again and again and again......:laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas Beal, Beale, Beall,...the man of a thousand different identities rolled into one......able to be in multiple places at once, etc., no doubt he can leap tall buildings with a single bound and he's faster then a speeding bullet, his initials inscribed all over the landscapes and he's also master of every secret organization that's ever existed, real of fantasy,...:laughing7:

In one form or another, the above is what all of these certain solutions are trying to sell....."Superman Before His Time." :laughing9:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigscoop, it stands to reason that he was SUPERBEALE to be able lift that one ton pots M Poe keeps talking about!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe Masterpoe and others are supporting all of those "TJB's" inscribed all over the landscapes, or all of those other certain solves as well...:icon_scratch:
It's like they don't understand that whenever they claim speculation to be fact that they are supporting all speculation to be of equal bearing and accepted as being fact as well. I have been wrong when I have said that the Beeale papers can be anything anybody desires them to be, what I should have said is that, "the Beale papers WILL BE whatever anybody desires them to be." :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally confession that they, "only believe they have found solution and remedy" instead of "yes, we have actually done it" which was prior claim until lack of provenance/fact had been brought to their attention.....good to see some of them finally realizing the cold hard facts and what facts really require. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well one thing we have learned, if someone questions or asked for any provenance on one of these creative solution or story claims, a cry of "personal attack" is raised as a defense of their lack of actual solid documented facts.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well one thing we have learned, if someone questions or asked for any provenance on one of these creative solution or story claims, a cry of "personal attack" is raised as a defense of their lack of actual solid documented facts.
People have poured a lot of time in their efforts so only natural that some are going be defensive of those pet-projects in light of contrary evidences and facts. This is just human nature....hard to let go of something you thought was real.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread