Problems With Unqualified Cryptologist Working With Quantum Cryptography

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, that about cover's it!

Yep.
Applying the science of theory to cryptograms causes great fret . Proven repeatedly by the nonsensical results.

Note: Proven by results , quantum/ theory applied repeatedly to ciphers produces nonsensical results. Even if legible.

Look for examples of those nonsensical results being subjected to further theory repeatedly until a legible result occurs.
Then critic those examples for proven results beyond their induced ( by theory) results..... Results become unrelated to cipher ,but relate to theorist.
Leaving. Confirmation of theory applied forcefully forces greater theory. Not proof.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterpoe is just trying to relate "what he is currently learning" to the subject matter at hand, which is fine, but he still has a long way to go and much to learn before he understands the reality of a "completely random state" as it applies to the Beale ciphers. Like most others, he is only assuming that the provided numbers represent letters but in reality, other then author suggestion, there is absolutely nothing to establish this, just hopeful decoder voice/claim/proclamation. But he will learn these facts in time, maybe?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One must postulate to discuss Beale theory.

Whether that means anything about it it true more that that the papers were presented......requires more than saying simply/ "imply" anything more about the subject is true ,depending upon who you are trying to convince.
Circular arguments follow.
Some one convinces them self they have a slippery grasp and hands it off to some one else ,who seems perplexed when some one else won't take the baton from them. After all ,they took it as real without proof........

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had ten different people send me what they claimed was the only decipherment of C1. Each and everyone was different from the other and after checking each out both their decipherment and where they said the treasure was located, they were all wrong. I also had two individuals that dowsed a map and sent me a copy of the topo-map, they too were wrong. I do not believe C1 can be deciphered because the author proves in the story and in his own decipherment of C2 that the story is just made up. It is just a story to sell like all the other dime novels of that time and era.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have all of these "pros" telling and teaching everyone else how to decode previously undecipherable ciphers, yet these students always fail to ask the obvious questions, such as, ""If they know how to attack this cipher then why haven't they been able to do it?"

On the other hand we have an untold number of claims of solve that can't be established as anything more then just manufactured and manipulated and unfounded claims of solutions. And when we look at the wide range of direction in these solutions, well, it becomes really obvious that these solutions, just like the sources of their being, are also completely random dependent on the claimant's personal creative desires.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.
Applying the science of theory to cryptograms causes great fret . Proven repeatedly by the nonsensical results.

Note: Proven by results , quantum/ theory applied repeatedly to ciphers produces nonsensical results. Even if legible.

Look for examples of those nonsensical results being subjected to further theory repeatedly until a legible result occurs.
Then critic those examples for proven results beyond their induced ( by theory) results..... Results become unrelated to cipher ,but relate to theorist.
Leaving. Confirmation of theory applied forcefully forces greater theory. Not proof.

Unless you have the key!

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have all of these "pros" telling and teaching everyone else how to decode previously undecipherable ciphers, yet these students always fail to ask the obvious questions, such as, ""If they know how to attack this cipher then why haven't they been able to do it?"

On the other hand we have an untold number of claims of solve that can't be established as anything more then just manufactured and manipulated and unfounded claims of solutions. And when we look at the wide range of direction in these solutions, well, it becomes really obvious that these solutions, just like the sources of their being, are also completely random dependent on the claimant's personal creative desires.

Unless you have the key!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you have the key!

As you continue to learn more about ciphers, and these in particular, you will learn that everyone also has completely random claim of "a key." Nothing new in any of this, "whatever can be made to work towards the individual's solution desired." This is the long running history of the Beale ciphers. Welcome to becoming part of that "factual" history. :icon_thumright:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless you have the key!

Even if you have a keyword you can mess it up. Which you already know if you have worked many ciphers.
If you do have a / the correct key ,your original post means very little. Name the cipher type is not done by speculation. Rather ,by proving through use of key. Yes ,one can speculate all they want as to type. Changes nothing to another asking the cipher type be proven as to name/ type.

Digital forensics , or security penetration testing rely on much more than theory for success. They must because those employing those who are doing the work ; fear change and are reluctant ( even degreed as many are) to trust what they are told needs to be done. Till proven vulnerable by not believing or applying truth because they clung to theory instead. True story. Time and again.
What does that mean to those actually knowing the work?

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can continue to buy and study resources like this book, but, it won't replace first hand experience and the knowledge gained from that experience. Just takes time, you'll get it sooner or later. :icon_thumright:

How much would you pay me ,( I'm confident you would hire me...) to break codes if I told you I had not broken one yet ; but that after four years of claiming to have done so....I had came up with a theory.( In theory). One that had a time line to completion of only another four years?

Would a degree matter? Would my experience matter? What would matter?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TJB; was he a TIME/SPACE Traveler from the Future...? Using one of those computer Codes from 2525...? JEEPERS!
(Singing...), "In the Year, 2525..."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread