Christmas Present Hunter Hill

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a photograph of the Home of James Beverly Risque, Giles Ward and James Beverly Ward. All their generations at least five generations grew up right there in that house. That is all I am going to say on the subject. Merry Christmas. Risque Plantation.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Campbell County, Va. has NO record of Risque plantation/farm... i thought the house burned down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The house is not standing today.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Holidays to you also good look hunting Chrismas Hill let me know if you find any gifts there with my name on it LOL

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It runs chills over me just thinking this is the house where James Beverly Risque, Giles Ward and Wife, James Beverly Ward and other members of their family lived and died.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't James Beverly Ward pass away at his daughter, Adeline McVeigh's home at 105 Harrison Street, Lynchburg?
Before Ward's death, didn't her husband, Thomas Emory McVeigh hold the deed to Hunters Hill?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't James Beverly Ward pass away at his daughter, Adeline McVeigh's home at 105 Harrison Street, Lynchburg?
Before Ward's death, didn't her husband, Thomas Emory McVeigh hold the deed to Hunters Hill?

Now you are getting the idea. James Beverly Ward died at the home of his daughter that married Thomas McVeigh. Yes Thomas McVeigh and family lived at Hunter's Hill. They also had a house in Lynchburg. I have a picture of the house in my files. Ward could have died at either location. But, I prefer to think he died at Hunter's Hill. I will look at his Death Certificate to see where he was staying when he died. But Ward was buried at Hunter's Hill.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, James Beverly Ward died at the home of his daughter at 105 Harrison Street. He had been sick there for several months before passing away. 105 Harrison Street.jpg

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The McVeigh house at 105 Harrison Street pictured in Franklin's post above was built in 1887 and it still standing today.
The 2447 Sq Ft single family residence is appraised at approx. $269,000 and rents for $825 per month.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The McVeigh house at 105 Harrison Street pictured in Franklin's post above was built in 1887 and it still standing today.
The 2447 Sq Ft single family residence is appraised at approx. $269,000 and rents for $825 per month.
Want it...? GO FOR IT! :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Want it...? GO FOR IT! :laughing7:

With your local boots on the ground acumen, why don't you check it out for us. :thumbsup:
It is possible that it may be haunted by the ghost of James Beverly Ward, and like the Harts, a good medium might be able to get him to shed more light on the Beale Papers origin. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread