Well?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone uncovered an actual fact in support of this treasure tale yet?
The obvious problem with this tale of hidden treasure is that all of the supporting evidences have been manufactured by those in pursuit of the tale, much the same thing being true of other treasure legends like Oak Island, etc., etc. The second problem is that there exist so many substantial/factual evidences to the contrary. I'm just checking in to see if anything new/factual in support of this tale has been unearthed or if it's still in a state of the same old rehashing and turning over all of the same old stones? While I fully anticipate the later to be the case I figured I'd check in anyway to see if there is anything new on the horizon but I've not come across it in my brief examination of this past year's postings. At any rate, hope everyone is doing well......:icon_thumright:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ? ? ?

Hmmm that's a deep subject. :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ? ? ? ............................

Hmmmmmmmm

THATS WHERE THE TREASURE IS AT ! ! !

Now...

Which well. :/

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed.How about a round of well drinks on you, of course. :occasion14:

But since we have no bucket or rope tp retrieve said "well dinks"... I will have to owe you those...

Until then...

I will stick with the Rum. ::P

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A Well 1 mile south of Forest, Va. was indicated to be a "site of interest"... it was on the Marshall Plantation in Campbell County, Va. Can't find any more "details" tho.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Actually, it's one version of a popular 'treasure legend' getting around in the latter half of the 19th century.

There are a few of them, I have copies of most of the more well known ones but they all give the detail that the treasure is hidden on one of three mountains that are in a perfect equilateral triangle.

They are sort of a Masonic 'in joke': you would recognise them if you were a 19th century Freemason. One of the names for Freemasons were 'Three Point Brothers'.

The 'three points', their symbol for Masonic related lore can be found appearing openly in a lot of their contemporaneous publications back then.

masonicDots.jpg

Most of the (Beale) story is just filler with a few clues what is going on, the rest (the 'codes') are to further distract those who miss the Masonic tells or clues.

The first of the two most important 'clues' that everyone misses (as it is no longer recognised), is that the Peaks of Otter are three mountains in a perfect equilateral triangle: the Three Points.

otter.gif

The second main clue is given by the name of 'T.J Beale" that everyone extrapolates out to being Thomas Jefferson Beale, even though it never said that in the story.

You are just told it is that by various story tellers or to put it bluntly you were fed that clue without realising it, helped along also by the story detail that the Declaration of Independence was used for one of the codes.

Thomas Jefferson was a surveyor and was the first to survey the Peaks of Otter in 1815 (as it was thought to be the biggest mountains in the US at the time).

Of course they were found to be a perfect triangle.

It's amazing that most US Beale Code researchers do not know of Thomas Jefferson and his survey.

Most also don't know there was some real masonry going on there which is another 'clue' to the Masons this is another of their stories: a boulder from Sharp Top mountain was split and the cut stone sent to be installed at the top of the Washington Monument.

Anyway, as I said it was just one of a number of similar 'masonic joke' stories at the time that told of the same thing. In the 21 century people just compartmentalise the 'Beale code' story so don't realise it was repeating parts copied from other stories published at the same time.

You see to find the treasure at three mountains in a triangle all you have to do is follow the map from King Solomon's Mines.

That was published in 1885 also, what a coincidence!

hag.jpg

There is a bit more to it all than just what I put here.

Just understand the gist of what it is about is that the local Three Point Brothers would happily sell you a pick and shovel then have a good laugh around the pickle barrel at another dang fool not realising what he was following.

Because if that dang fool cannot see a clue right in front of him as big as three mountains in a triangle, then that dang fool deserves all the trouble he gets.....

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mountains are not in a perfect equilateral triangle unless you can get these three measurements to be equal? 10,265 feet Harkening Hill to Flat Top, 9,278 feet Peaks of Otter to Flat Top and 9,606 feet Peaks of Otter to Hearkening Hill.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
You got me there.

So you must know how in particular the stories just all said 'three mountains/peaks in a triangle' and were depicted as equilateral and I went and added 'equilateral triangle' because that's what those unaware of the history needed to look for.

So can you share with everyone what it looks like when you plotted it at the macro scale and drew the lines to connect the peaks?

(Doesn't it just suck when you are going along hoping the Beale Codes are real then you find out you didn't know squat about what other stories were being told at the same time that gave it all away?)

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh good Lord, it's raining out there right now. I haven't even turned my detector on since last Summer.

However, I still will forever seek treasure :)

We are who we are - forever treasure hunters! Maybe I'll get out sometime soon :)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a silver lining in every cloud. Your idea helped me to understand Thomas Jefferson better. I still have an investigation coming with this idea. Thank you.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a silver lining in every cloud. Your idea helped me to understand Thomas Jefferson better. I still have an investigation coming with this idea. Thank you.

so we should be detecting clouds?

chub

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so we should be detecting clouds?

chub

No it just gives me an idea where the 33 copper tubes of Knight's Templar's treasure may be located. I would love to find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread